We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus vs. shuttle

georgia
5 posts
1 review
bus vs. shuttle

Is the Roissy bus from the airport like a city transit? I didn't know if it would be difficult to carry luggage on it. Also, since it stops at the Place de Opera, is it convenient to walk from there to a hotel in that district instead of getting on the metro? Is the Air France shuttle any better or worse? Is it much better to take a pre-arranged airport-hotel shuttle, even though it is much more expensive? Thanks from a first time Paris visitor.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,845 Reviews
from US$ 37.50*
US$ 44.00
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,290 Reviews
from US$ 109.90*
Central Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
1. Re: bus vs. shuttle

Last week I debated taking the Roissybus, or the shuttle, and ended up taking the bus.....It was simple....and yes there is room for your luggage.....most seemed to have it. I bought my ticket right on the bus, and the driver had change.

From the opera, I had printed maps from Mapquest, and they made it easy to reach my hotel (.87 miles - 15 minute walk). In hindsight, I could have used the Metro, to get a little closer...but it was no big deal.

Returning to CDG was even easier on the Roissy.....The pick up spot is right in front of the American Express office, across from the Opera, and Lafayette Galleries....again, I purchased the ticket...right on the bus...I think it was 8.3 euros.

My only error was that my Guidebook mentioned my airlines would depart from Terminal 1......But in actuallity, it was Terminal 2, like most of the majors.......Even this error was quickly and simply corrected using the Free shuttle buses at the airport................good luck.

But if I could do it....anybody can!

South
Level Contributor
296 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: bus vs. shuttle

We were in Paris last week too! Came home Monday evening. I love the Roissy bus! It's so easy and I feel safer on it than with a lot of cab drivers I've had! We stayed in the Rue Clare area so took the Roissy bus to Opera and then metro to near our hotel. Very easy to do.

Judy