We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris lovers

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
106 posts
5 reviews
Paris lovers

What would you do if you had 2 nights in Paris?

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,903 Reviews
from US$ 39.50*
US$ 43.90
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,295 Reviews
from US$ 109.70*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
11 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
29,238 posts
95 reviews
1. Re: Paris lovers

One of them would involve a stroll around Notre Dame illuminated at night with perhaps a drink at a barge bar alongside the Cathedral or on a sidewalk within view.

One of them would involve a stroll from Concord up the Champs Elysses after dark turning left at the Grand Palais and walking across Pont Alexandre on top of the hour to watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle. A trip to Trocadero for the great view of the Eiffel Tower would also be nice.

And before each of them I would have a leisurely dinner. Before the Notre Dame stroll I'd eat at L'Initial for their 7 course 48 Euro menu. Not sure what other place I would choose although La Cordonnerie near the Tuilleries has been a spot we have had very good meals.

In the day time I would think about what my dream of Paris is and do that -- visit the Louvre or d'Orsay, or shop, or do a neighborhood walk with a self guided book -- whatever your personal dream of Paris is.

janettravels44

www.janettravels.wordpress.com

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
5,210 posts
223 reviews
2. Re: Paris lovers

Just with the evenings? On the first evening I’d have baguette, cheese and remoulade followed by a delicious patisserie, then I’d walk the Seine and if I had time take the Metro up to Montmartre and sit on the steps below Sacre Coeur, enjoying the view, buskers and a nice bottle of wine or beer.

On my final night I’d do what I always do on my last night in Paris! I’d eat at Maceo (vegetarian “vert” menu), finishing the evening by heading to the Place de Concord and watching the Eiffel Tower twinkle on the hour

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
106 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Paris lovers

2 full days in Paris

Pjk
Plainsboro, New...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,966 posts
121 reviews
4. Re: Paris lovers

On a nice, warm non-monday in Paris, I'd start with a noisette and a Cappichino at a sidewalk cafe, then I'd go to this park to spend several hours ---> https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-…

When I was done exploring and climbing to the gazebo atop the hill, I'd have a glass of wine at the Pavilion du Parc which is closed one day a week. Can you guess which? Then I'd walk approximately 30 minutes downhill to the Marais for more exploring and maybe another glass of wine at Les Philospohes on the rue Vieille du Temple (#24 IIRC) then walk back down to the river but with a slight detour so I could walk by the Tour St. Jacques. Then I'd cross over to the Ile St. louis and browse in a few of the shops on the Main Street there. And finally I'd cross over to the Left Bank and walk along the river until I came to the Pont Neuf. Halfway across is the stairway to the Square du Vert-Galant, a nice park on the tip of the Ile de la Citė.

Then I'd find my way back home and get ready for dinner, maybe stopping for an aperitif at Les Deux Magots where I noticeva glass of Lillet has gone up to 12€ from 10.

Where are you staying?

Pjk

5. Re: Paris lovers

Nice!

Latin Quater

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
54,533 posts
1,819 reviews
6. Re: Paris lovers

I would indulge myself in wonderful fine-dining,” then wine bars for most of the days.

Enjoy!

Hunt

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
54,533 posts
1,819 reviews
7. Re: Paris lovers

Pjk,

I have also seen some price increases, but with the FOREX between US$ and €, I can shrug it off - until the tables turn, that is.

Hunt

Pjk
Plainsboro, New...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,966 posts
121 reviews
8. Re: Paris lovers

Yeah. It's just one drink apiece, I had never heard of Lillet before a few years ago, and sitting outside at Les Deux Magots, near the corner, is great for watching parish walk or drive by. Memories of the expirience linger but not so much the cost.

Pjk

Pjk
Plainsboro, New...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,966 posts
121 reviews
9. Re: Paris lovers

Here and not too bad ---> https:/…carte-des-boissons

15cl will be a glass.

Pjk