We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Bus Direct

Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
39 reviews
Le Bus Direct

Hello,

I will be landing in Paris CDG Airport on 3rd Nov, and will be taking the Le Bus to Gare Montparnasse station.

When i check the route, it says "We are sorry but no Le Bus Direct route matches your search. Please refer to our detailed schedules ICI".

I checked the schedule timetable and there's a bus every 30 mins.

Does anyone know why when i check the route, there's no route? Is the bus still going that route?

Thanks

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,840 Reviews
from US$ 37.80*
US$ 43.50
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
12 replies to this topic
Quillan, France
Level Contributor
69 posts
339 reviews
1. Re: Le Bus Direct

fr.ouibus.com

(part of SNCF}

just book online

Never heard of Le Bus Direct!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,182 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Le Bus Direct

Le Bus Direct is the new name for Cars Air France (renamed about a year ago). It runs frequent buses from CDG to Gare Montparnasse via Gare de Lyon.

Central, Indiana
Level Contributor
414 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Le Bus Direct

Yes, they still run that route, but their drivers have been striking and from what I’ve read, their already spotty service has been even spottier. You might consider a taxi instead.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,364 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Le Bus Direct

I have taken the Air France Bus 2x from CDG to Gare de Lyon and was happy with the service. However, it sounds like things are a little iffy now.

I would go ahead and take the RER which i have done several times with no issues, including traveling solo. When taking the RER B from CDG: change at station Denfert Rochereau to metro line 4; it's just a couple of stops to Montparnasse station. It's all the same ticket.

Central, Indiana
Level Contributor
414 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Le Bus Direct

They’re doing maintenance work in RER B on November 3rd that will affect service from CDG.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
24,465 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Le Bus Direct

There will be no direct RER B service from CDG to Paris on 3 November.

This is le Bus Direct website from where you can monitor service schedules:

https://www.lebusdirect.com/

With the RER B closed between CDG and Paris from 1 November through 4 November I assume that the bus options, to incude Roissybus, will be very busy and crowded. Consider a taxi to Montparnasse, fixed fare is 55€.

tennessee
Level Contributor
661 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Le Bus Direct

I took Le Bus Direct back and forth between CDG and Montparnasse last April with no problems. While there were strikes on SNCF trains and some RER routes, Le Bus was not affected. But of course things could be different now.

Central, Indiana
Level Contributor
414 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Le Bus Direct

Le Bus’s own website indicates that it’s drivers are striking. And while they further indicate that service to Gare Montparnasse isn’t affected, the recent reviews suggest a lot of issues with the route. The online reviews for the service are pretty bad in general. While I might be willing to take a chance on it coming into the city, assuming I had no place I had to be, there’s no way I’d rely on it to get me to the airport for a flight.

Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
39 reviews
9. Re: Le Bus Direct

Thanks for all the replies! Much appreciated.

Another question, will it be possible to get Le Bus ticket on the day itself at the airport/bus station or can i only purchase the ticket online?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,182 posts
17 reviews
10. Re: Le Bus Direct

You can buy at the airport.

Reply to: Le Bus Direct
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted