We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Advice

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
270 posts
58 reviews
Itinerary Advice

Hello, I'm flying into CDG on May 28 (in the morning) and was planning on renting an apartment in Marais for 1 week, before picking up a rental car and exploring Normandy, Loire valley, drop off car and then take a train from Paris to Brussels.

Turns out that my itinerary would have put me in Bayeux on June 6. Not only the anniversary of D-Day, but the 75th one. There are no rooms or tours available.

So, I did a quick search and found 2 nights in Bayeux (May 31-June 2).

If you were to land at CDG, and wanted to head out of Paris, where would you go? Giverny? Amboise? Any ideas? I would have about 6 nights (one would be jetlagged) before I returned to Paris.

Thanks!

The Green Way
Sightseeing Tours
Hit the Road
Literary, Art & Music Tours
1 reply
London, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: Itinerary Advice

It's ill-advised to hop into a rental car on the same day that you step off of a transatlantic flight. You'd be putting yourself - and others - at serious risk.

I would stay in Paris for at least the first night, or maybe the modern city of Versailles.

If you want to get out of Paris on your arrival day, then please take the train. Don't drive. Easy options from the CDG train station would be Lille, Angers or Reims.

Reply to: Itinerary Advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted