We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Pont Royal or Hotel Montalambert

Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Hotel Pont Royal or Hotel Montalambert

I will be visiting Paris next week on a last-minute trip with my daughter. We are looking at the Pont Royal and the Hotel Montalambert. Does anyone know both hotels to help me decide? The Montalambert is more expensive. Is the difference worth it?

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,843 Reviews
from US$ 37.90*
US$ 43.70
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
9 replies to this topic
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,734 posts
121 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Pont Royal or Hotel Montalambert

I haven't stayed at either but I think the less expensive Pont Royal is in a better location for a visit to Paris - closer to the river and the Ile de la Cite. Not by a huge amount but better considering it's less expensive.

Pjk

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,729 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Hotel Pont Royal or Hotel Montalambert

Bonjour, Jared_Todd,

What do the reviews say about these hotels? There is a possibility that you will not receive replies from someone who has stayed in either of these hotels.

I wonder which Hotel Pont Royal pjk is referring to in post #2. The hotel that I found in Google is a minute's walk from Hotel Montalembert.

MrsJAS

Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Hotel Pont Royal or Hotel Montalambert

Yes, the Pont Royal hotel I am considering is on rue Montalambert.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,788 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Hotel Pont Royal or Hotel Montalambert

The hotels are one next to the other. I believe thay actually share a wall.

Montalembert is a more modern style. Port Royal has more old school design. Both are very nice.

Edited: 24 August 2018, 22:08
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16,779 posts
75 reviews
5. Re: Hotel Pont Royal or Hotel Montalambert

The Montalembert is a lovely hotel in a great location. Stayed there once. Make sure you are in the larger rooms as their regular ones are miniscule. I still have a headache remembering the size of the room.

Great breakfasts.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
3,628 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Hotel Pont Royal or Hotel Montalambert

I've been to both though I not stayed at both. L'Atelier Joel Robuchon is in Hotel Pont Royal and so I saw the hotel as part of a visit to the restaurant. It seems to be great. As phread said the hotels are literally right next to each other and the main difference I could see is in the decor. Hotel Montalembert is slightly closer to the river by about 10 steps. You just can't get a superior room at the Montalembert for 2 people -- it is just too small (been there done that and had to get an upgrade). If you were going in the winter, I would say go for the Montalembert because of their lovely library with the fireplace but for next week, I think either place is fine. I don't know about the Hotel Pont Royal but the Montalembert is very dog friendly if that matters to you. I like the decor of the Montalembert better but I don't know if that difference in decor would be worth the money to me if the difference in price is more than $25 per night.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40,373 posts
660 reviews
7. Re: Hotel Pont Royal or Hotel Montalambert

Hotel Pont Royal for location for me.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Hotel Pont Royal or Hotel Montalambert

May I suggest anothe?r It is about 5 minutes away, quieter, smaller and I think quite charming . Have a peek at Hotel Duc de Saint Simon.

Greenwich Village...
Level Contributor
4,258 posts
35 reviews
9. Re: Hotel Pont Royal or Hotel Montalambert

We stayed at the Montalembert once when we were attending a meeting (& the group picked the hotel). The location was fine, the room was miniscule but comfortable. The room felt as if we were staying in a well planned-out cabin on someone’s stylish yacht, every amenity but no room to spread out.

The public areas were also very chic, with the staff all looking like runway models and dressed all in black. I’m from downtown NYC so I “got” the vibe they were going for, but frankly it is not what I prefer when I am in Paris. The Montalembert is not a place I would choose to stay when I’m making the choice, but it’s just not my cup of tea — could not complain about the hotel itself. The service was certainly excellent at the Montalembert.

I have never stayed at the Pont Royal, so can’t compare the two.

If I were staying again in that immediate neighborhood, I’d personally prefer the Hotel Duc de Saint Simon, which is more charming and less trendy-chic in style than the Montalembert. But different people have different tastes, and the Montalembert is very nice if their style is to your taste.

Reply to: Hotel Pont Royal or Hotel Montalambert
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted