We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept. 14 Looking for Woman to Share Lunch With

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,242 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Sept. 14 Looking for Woman to Share Lunch With

I hate when restaurants don't allow you to make a reservation for one person. Pirouette in the 1e is one of those restaurants. I've never been there but I would like to try it. I made a reservation for two people and attached a message saying I was one person. When I went back and looked at the site, I realized they state that there must be two people to reserve on their website. So, I am looking for a woman who would like to join me for lunch that day at noon. Please private message me if you are interested. Thanks so much.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
672 Reviews
from US$ 75.40*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
728 Reviews
from US$ 49.10*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from US$ 104.10*
17 replies to this topic
Oregon
Level Contributor
5,242 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept. 14 Looking for Woman to Share Lunch With

I am still looking for a lunch partner on September 14th.

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,242 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept. 14 Looking for Woman to Share Lunch With

Still looking. :)

Does anyone have any feedback for me about this restaurant after having eaten there?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
23,045 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept. 14 Looking for Woman to Share Lunch With

Are you a man or woman ?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sept. 14 Looking for Woman to Share Lunch With

I can vouch that In_Love_With_Paris was a lovely woman to meet up with for lunch when I was on a solo trip a few years ago, and didn't want to strictly be dining alone. :-)

Afraid I have no familiarity to comment on Pirouette. My trip this June was rather spur of the moment for me, and I ran out of time to book any reservations ahead of time online. Ended up being more of a picnic in the park with boulangerie purchases couple of days for me.

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,242 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sept. 14 Looking for Woman to Share Lunch With

Thanks so much for those nice words msn110. And--Go Badgers!!

Yes, I am a woman. 69 years old. This is my 10th trip to Paris and I stay for a month each visit.

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,242 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sept. 14 Looking for Woman to Share Lunch With

Yeah! They reinstated me. I just want to try a restaurant I haven't eaten in before--Pirouette. I called them but they are closed until August 20th and the message said that if I want a reservation, go on their site and make it. I did but I still have the problem of being one person and not two people per my reservation. They could turn me away at the door if they want to. I sent them an email--no response. I don't know if they will respond when they return from vacation or not. I am not worrying. I am just trying to cover all of my basis AND I really would like to eat there.

I know that September is a month that lots of people visit Paris. Anybody out there want to try Pirouette in the 1e?

Actually, the last time I did this was for the restaurant Sola a couple of years ago. I did NOT find anyone to eat with me that time so a friend of mine who was in Paris at the time called Sola and the restaurant said I could come by myself. My meal lasted three hours and was so fabulous and gorgeous that at one point I started crying--I just couldn't believe how great it was.

I don't know if Piroutte will be the same experience or not but I am eager to find out.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
23,045 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sept. 14 Looking for Woman to Share Lunch With

Well I wish I was in Paris then .. as it sounds like it would be a lovely lunch out!!

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,242 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sept. 14 Looking for Woman to Share Lunch With

Thank you so much joan1.

Today I received an email from Pirouette restaurant saying they will accept my reservation for one person so my dilemma is resolved.

Thanks to those who spoke kindly of me and to my well-wishers.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sept. 14 Looking for Woman to Share Lunch With

At lunch, there's always some tables of single eaters at Pirouette so I'm a bit baffled why a single should have trouble booking a table.

Pirouette is very good. Its newer offshoots Zébulon on Rue Montpensier next to the Palais Royal and Baltard au Louvre on Rue Coquillière/ Rue du Louvre in Les Halles are just as good and even better value for lunch.

If the weather is good, both Pirouette and Baltard au Louvre have lovely terraces.

Edit: I missed the OP's last post so my reply is a bit redundant.

Edited: 16 August 2018, 13:09
Oregon
Level Contributor
5,242 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sept. 14 Looking for Woman to Share Lunch With

I have eaten at Zebulon once and I didn't love it. I guess the food was okay. My biggest complaint was that there was food on the wall next to my seat and when I told the waiter about it he was just going to leave it there. I had to ask him to get rid of it so I didn't have to look at it and he got annoyed with me. I also was seated in the back of the restaurant by the piano. The front of the restaurant is more open and appealing I think. I never went back.

If I lived in Paris I would possibly do more eating on restaurant terraces. However, I like eating inside the restaurant to get the flavor, atmosphere and decor of that particular restaurant. Also, do they still allow smoking at the tables on the terrace? That ruins it for me as far as eating--or breathing--is concerned.

I have never been to Baltard au Louvre.

I am looking forward to eating at Pirouette. Their a la carte menu is 45E for lunch but they have a meal du jour for 25E which is very reasonable. I will see what they are serving that day and make my decision accordingly. :)

Reply to: Sept. 14 Looking for Woman to Share Lunch With
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted