We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few evening hours to spare

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
16 reviews
A few evening hours to spare

Hi

I'm passing through Paris and have an evening to spend. I've been a few times so I've seen all the main attractions.

I'm looking for ideas on something different to do for myself and my daughter (18). Is there a hospital museum in Paris? Would rather stay away from the main attractions if possible. Thanks.

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,893 Reviews
from US$ 39.60*
US$ 44.00
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,294 Reviews
from US$ 110.10*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
4 replies to this topic
Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
9,746 posts
1. Re: A few evening hours to spare

There used to be a hospital museum but it has been closed for years 1nd would not have been open in the evening anyway. And the Dupuytren museum which was a museum of the medical school has closed too.

What time do you arrive in Paris? Because there is the musée Fragonard at the school of veterinary medicine in Maisons-Alfort just south east of Paris on métro line 8 (ou really need the audio guide to make the most of the visit) but with its limited opening days/hours, I am afraid their opening hours might not coincide with your visit. But well worth a visit if you ever get a chance, even if not this time.

Here is the website but I didn't even realize it was closed in August.

https:/…horaires-tarifs-musee-fragonard

Edited: 19 July 2018, 16:57
Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: A few evening hours to spare

That looks really good, at the moment we do not get back into Paris until after 4pm, although i am tempted to buy more tickets to travel earlier in which case I may be able to visit otherwise I will remember for another time - Thank you.

paris london
Level Contributor
5,395 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: A few evening hours to spare

It will be too late for any museums/indoor attractions unless they're doing special opening hours.

The parks are nice on summer evenings - most tourists don't visit the Parc André Citroën, home of the Ballon de Paris and various exotic plants.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: A few evening hours to spare

Thanks I'll check it out. There are so many lovely outdoor spaces to see. I've not heard of this one.

Thanks again

Reply to: A few evening hours to spare
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted