We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant similar to Chez Gabrielle?

Australia
Level Contributor
384 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant similar to Chez Gabrielle?

Hi everyone,

We had made a reservation at Chez Gabrielle for the first week of August on their website but have been informed that they are closed over August and the start of September. Could anyone suggest a similar restaurant in a similar location that we might try instead.

Many thanks.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
675 Reviews
from US$ 75.30*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
731 Reviews
from US$ 49.00*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,280 Reviews
from US$ 104.00*
5 replies to this topic
Oregon
Level Contributor
5,242 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant similar to Chez Gabrielle?

Well, first of all, I am so sorry for you that Chez Gabrielle will be closed while you are there. I love that restaurant and I go every visit to Paris. They have a fillet mignon with parmesan cheese sauce and potatoes dauphinois that send me to the moon and back.

It sounds like you are looking for another similar restaurant in the same part of town? I honestly don't have a similar restaurant for you in that area. I have restaurants for you in other neighborhoods though if that appeals. There are a couple of restaurants at the end of the street that Chez Gabrielle is on that look very interesting but I have never eaten at them so I can't report to you (and I don't know their names). One is just across the street at the end of the block on the same side of the street as Chez Gabrielle is on. Maybe you can find it on Google.

Otherwise, here are a couple of fun ideas:

How about Hotel Daniel tea salon which serves from 4pm-6pm? I was recently in NYC and my son offered to take me to high tea anywhere in NYC and I couldn't find a place that was both beautiful and got good reviews. Hotel Daniel's tea room is so gorgeous and the things they serve sound good to me. Also, high tea can be very expensive and it isn't at Hotel Daniel. I will be trying it out in September. You could have an early dinner and then do something else in the evening (late museum night, hear music, see a show, or just walk around or relax at a cafe or bar).

Another possibility is to check out 86 Champs. It is a combination Hermes and Occitaine. I know they cook breakfasts and that they are open late. Perhaps they cook all day. I'm not saying their food is fancy or great like Chez Gabrielle but if you want to stay in the same general area these are things that might be fun.

I'll keep thinking and maybe I can come up with something else. This is a start! :)

Australia
Level Contributor
384 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant similar to Chez Gabrielle?

Thanks for the advice - we are staying on Ave Carnot just for two nights when we arrive from Aus before we head off around France and then will be back in Paris staying near Luxembourg Gardens for a week at the end of our trip. So wanting to stay local for dinner as we will be somewhat jet lagged and enjoy some delicious food that is not horrendously expensive or in a restaurant that is a tourist trap. The suggestion of high tea is a nice one but probably not what we are looking for in this instance. Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Edited: 19 July 2018, 09:35
Oregon
Level Contributor
5,242 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant similar to Chez Gabrielle?

I don't have any other suggestions for that area of Paris. If you need suggestions near Le Jardin du Luxembourg, I can recommend La Cuisine de Philippe or Bistro Les Papilles. I love them both.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant similar to Chez Gabrielle?

It's not a great area for good restaurants and most of my top picks are closed at the beginning of August. The best I can come up with is newish Jacobo on Rue Vernet @ Rue Bassano. https://www.jacopo.fr/

Australia
Level Contributor
384 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant similar to Chez Gabrielle?

Thank you in love with paris for you suggestions around Luxembourg Gardens - have noted both down for later in our trip. jeannotb55 thank you for your suggestion of Jacapo it looks fabulous. From my very average French language skills in reading their website they don’t take reservations - is this correct?

Thanks again

Reply to: Restaurant similar to Chez Gabrielle?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted