We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eiffel Tower tickets

Wales
Level Contributor
202 posts
60 reviews
Eiffel Tower tickets

I have purchased 2 adult tickets to the summit. I have the printed tickets already. Does this mean we will still need to queue up even though we have time slot tickets. Thanks

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,844 Reviews
from US$ 37.30*
US$ 43.70
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,290 Reviews
from US$ 109.20*
15 replies to this topic
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Eiffel Tower tickets

we had also tickets to the summit.

Yes, you need to line up for the security check to get in the "area", then shortly before your time you need to line up for the entrance (there was another security check) and on the second floor for the other lift you need to line up again...

California
Level Contributor
8,691 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Eiffel Tower tickets

Look for the priority line for those who already have tickets--it will be clearly marked, and shorter than the ticket purchase line.

Wales
Level Contributor
202 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: Eiffel Tower tickets

Thank you

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
29,093 posts
95 reviews
4. Re: Eiffel Tower tickets

You need to be at the leg for those with reserved tickets a few minutes before your time; you will get up fairly quickly close to your reserved time. You don't wait in the long long long line that people buying ticket wait in. You are basically just waiting for the elevator to return after it takes the batch before you.

One leg is for those buying ticket right now with long long line. One leg is for those with reserved tickets and there is a sign on that saying 'Reservations.' One is for those walking up; the last one is for the restaurants.

There is a line on the perimeter designated for those with reserved tickets for the perimeter security.

Everyone waits in the same line on the second floor for the elevator to the top.

Wales
Level Contributor
202 posts
60 reviews
5. Re: Eiffel Tower tickets

Thank you, this is so useful

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Eiffel Tower tickets

We just returned from Paris, where we used timed entrance tickets to the top of the Tower. The above posters are all correct - one short queue to the security screening (for all visitors, with and without tickets, which is on the east side of the Tower, if I am correct) which gets you into the base area. We got there an hour early and the security only took 10 minutes, so we had 50 minutes to hang out in the base area. Once your time is available, you go through the next steps of lining up for the elevator to the next level (this is on the north side, closest to the Seine). Once you are on the 2nd platform, you enter another line for the next elevator, which for us took an hour to get through until we could enter an elevator to the top floor. Just be prepared for even more lines after your "time" is open, but having advance tickets is much preferred to waiting in the long lines we witnessed for those without times tickets.

Wales
Level Contributor
202 posts
60 reviews
7. Re: Eiffel Tower tickets

Thank you so much. The info given by you all is very helpful. I would think if we were to arrive around nd 40 minutes prior to our time, it would be about right. We’re you concerned about pickpockets at all whilst you were in Paris as a whole?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
29,093 posts
95 reviews
8. Re: Eiffel Tower tickets

No one should be concerned with pickpockets because they should be pickpocket proof. If you have a wallet or valuables in a pocket or backpack then odds are good you will lose it especially if you hang out at places like the Eiffel Tower or the Louvre and ride the metro and buses. So use a cross body purse in front under your forearm in crowded places, or a neck wallet under your shirt or hidden pockets with zippers inside jackets. Then don't worry about it. Don't carry more valuables than you need for the day -- money and one credit card. Pickpocketing is organized crime in Europe, they are really good at it, it is ubiquitous.

Columbia, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
102 reviews
9. Re: Eiffel Tower tickets

We have times tickets for out trip in Sept. Elevator to the summit and return. I understand the process pretty well from everyone help.

But I wondering, on the way back down, if the line for the elevator on the 2nd floor to go down is too long, we could just take the stairs down. Correct? I mean, we aren't separated in some way from the stairs are we?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
6,097 posts
30 reviews
10. Re: Eiffel Tower tickets

Anyone can walk down the stairs, (or can use them between 1st & 2nd) -- you don't have to show a "stairs" ticket.

Reply to: Eiffel Tower tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted