We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eiffel tower advance tickets

Sunderland
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Eiffel tower advance tickets

I have lunch booked in the Eiffel tower as part of my holiday deal but the advance tickets to go in are sold out. I want to avoid the queues as much as possible. I was thinking of going the evening before to buy a ticket. Am I able to buy a ticket for the next day or can you only purchase on the day? If not my lunch is booked for 1.30pm what time do people recommend getting there to queue?

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
675 Reviews
from US$ 75.30*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
731 Reviews
from US$ 49.00*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,280 Reviews
from US$ 104.00*
8 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10,061 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eiffel tower advance tickets

Your lunch booking covers the lift to the floor your restaurant is at. After lunch you may go and enjoy that floor or eventually climb up or down one level. However, you won't be able to buy lift ticket to the top.

Tickets sold onsite are for immediate visit, not for next day.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eiffel tower advance tickets

Hi thanks no my booking specifies it doesn't include the lifts unfortunately. I'll just have to queue!

Edited: 11 June 2018, 02:25
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28,612 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eiffel tower advance tickets

Surely they will sell you that lift ticket at the elevator leg you go up for restaurants; the regular tickets use a different elevator than the restaurants. I hope someone who did this recently will hop on and clarify as this sounds frankly nuts -- not CHARGING for the ticket but not making it available as part of the package.

The web site specifically says that the lift ticket is included in the package when you book on line.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 03:31
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eiffel tower advance tickets

I have to agree with Jane, that makes no sense.

We've have never done a meal at one of the restaurants, but I certainly read many, many posts here and at other forums. I don't every recall hearing someone needing to get their own ticket up.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eiffel tower advance tickets

Well that's what it said in my confirmation email. The meal was booked as part my stay in Paris and it says specifically in the booking that tickets to go in the tower are not included as part of the meal. I didn't book on the restaurant website where tickets for the lift are included

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28,612 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eiffel tower advance tickets

If you used a travel agent never use that agent again -- this is really ridiculous -- one of the virtues of having an overpriced lunch on the Eiffel Tower is that it give you a ticket on the Tower.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10,061 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eiffel tower advance tickets

Perhaps it gives you heads up that you won't be able to visit ET as going to the top, but I would surely think that lift to the restaurant level is included. Which one is it that you have your lunch booked?

Sunderland
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eiffel tower advance tickets

Thanks everyone for your replies but I feel like this is getting off topic about whether or not the lift ticket is included. It definitely isn't, I've checked. I saw a deal from a perfectly reasonable, reputable travel agents for 3 nights in Paris including lunch in the tower and a boat trip on the Seine. In the confirmation email it advised that a ticket into the tower wasn't included and needs to be purchased separately. This is really not a big deal to me I just wanted to know if I could buy a ticket in person the day before as online the tickets are sold out and I thought if I went late in the evening the queue to get a ticket would be less. If that's not possible I just wanted to get an idea of when would be best to get there to buy a ticket to make sure I don't miss my reservation at 1.30pm on a Saturday

Reply to: Eiffel tower advance tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted