We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG Taxi queue- tips!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
CDG Taxi queue- tips!

First of all, thank you to everyone who has given advice about getting in the official taxi queue at CDG. I wanted to provide a specific experience of how we almost got scammed so hopefully others can avoid. Upon exiting toward the taxi sign, we were approached asking if we need a taxi. Since I read about this from others, I said “non, merci” and kept walking. Then, in front of the door by the taxi queue, I was asked “Paris-center or elsewhere?” I said Paris- center and was told to walk to exit 16. When I walked out of exit 16, it looked fishy, so my husband asked how much? The driver was not an official taxi driver and said 80 euros, so we turned around and went back to find the official taxi queue. So even when you think someone is being helpful with directions at the airport, be careful!

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,895 Reviews
from US$ 39.60*
US$ 44.00
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,294 Reviews
from US$ 110.10*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
8 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
29,228 posts
95 reviews
1. Re: CDG Taxi queue- tips!

Several people have reported on this; really disgusting. Thanks for the heads up. The official taxi queue is well marked and well signed so there is no need for 'help' finding it and anyone at an airport or train station who is trying to help you find a taxi or with ticket machines for tickets into Paris is a thief. Glad you had the good sense to ask the price and figure it out. We had a similar experience in Rome Termini decades ago and almost got diverted; it was asking the price that woke me up too.

Thanks for the report.

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,885 posts
62 reviews
2. Re: CDG Taxi queue- tips!

Thank you for the heads-up and reminder, Swrtreveler and Janetravels. Always good to be alerted to such scams - especially when arriving from long, overnight flights.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
233 posts
3. Re: CDG Taxi queue- tips!

Yes thanks so much for this advice, we to arrive from a long haul in July and will be tired.... Are there any people mover taxis available as we are a group of 6 adults with 6 carry on bags only? Or will we have to get 2 taxi's .

Regards Kerry

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,675 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: CDG Taxi queue- tips!

Maxi taxis are available, and the dispatcher at the official rank will find one for you. There is a charge of €4 for each passenger after the fourth, so your journey will cost €58 to central Paris north of the Seine or €63 south of the Seine.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
48 posts
5. Re: CDG Taxi queue- tips!

I noticed several men trying to get our attention near the exit to the taxi queue as well. We just ignored them. We are 5 so had to wait only a short time for a van, I’m sure they can find a van for a group of 6. We paid 55e to left bank plus 5e (I think) for the 5th passenger.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
44 reviews
6. Re: CDG Taxi queue- tips!

If you can catch the taxi dispatcher's eye as you approach the head of the line and hold up six fingers, Kez50th, he will be able to call for a larger taxi, and thus shorten your wait.

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
33 reviews
7. Re: CDG Taxi queue- tips!

Had the same experience coming off the Eurostar at Gare du Nord at the supposedly official rank, so went looking for another taxi across the street. However, the first taxi there didn't take credit cards, which I found unusual, but the next one did, so maybe it is something else to ask about. Never came across this at CDG.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
8. Re: CDG Taxi queue- tips!

Thanks everyone for you advise 😉👌

Reply to: CDG Taxi queue- tips!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted