We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Europe SIM Card

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Europe SIM Card

Which SIM card do you recommend for a 6 weeks stay in France, Germany and Austria? We'll be arriving in Paris (CDG). Can it be purchased at the airport upon arrival?

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
672 Reviews
from US$ 74.90*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
725 Reviews
from US$ 48.70*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from US$ 103.40*
18 replies to this topic
Lismore, Australia
Level Contributor
3,138 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Europe SIM Card

prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/France

I always get an orange sim..not the cheapest but imo the best..excellent coverage reliability service..thousands of wifi hotspots..checkout the orange holiday sim and the mobile wifi modem

…orange.fr/mobile/…Description

…orange.fr/tablette-et-cle/coffret-pret-a-su…

Edited: 09 June 2018, 06:11
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Europe SIM Card

Agree with Steve. Orange has best coverage if you are driving off the main autoroutes, easy to get at CDG.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Europe SIM Card

Thanks!

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,290 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Europe SIM Card

An alternative. ..

www.lycamobile.fr/en

Ed

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,898 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Europe SIM Card

We will be in Paris for only 10 nights and wish to have a SIM card for wifi and texting purposes only and not really for calling. Can anyone advise a reasonably priced SIM for us? We are Canadians needing a NANO sim.

We checked the Lyromobile site as Ed suggested here but I can't seem to find Canada on the list.

Can anyone give us some help? Many thanks in advance and with appreciation!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Europe SIM Card

Have you considered the Orange Holiday SIM, which gives you 10GB of data for 2 weeks?

https:/…carte-prepayee-orange-holiday-eng

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,898 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Europe SIM Card

LovesSunnyIsles....thank you so much for the Orange link....I am a little confused and hoping you have the answer here.

Will we be able to send and receive TEXTS from Canada? On their site, it said, "European Zone" so I am confused if it is within Europe only???

Many thanks in advance.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Europe SIM Card

Yes, incoming texts & calls no problem. When it says European zone it means you can use your phone when you (& the phone) are within the European zone to make calls, send texts, and access the Internet.

You use your phone just as you would at home; only difference is you would have a French mobile number, which you will have to give to those who might call or text you from Canada. (Emails would still work through your normal email address.)

Edited: 11 June 2018, 08:05
Lismore, Australia
Level Contributor
3,138 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Europe SIM Card

definitely recommend orange holiday..excellent coverage..service..reliability..thousands upon thousands of wifi hotspots..and orange also offers roaming at domestic prices in switzerland..depending how long your trip is I would also get a top up

…orange.com/register-an-orange-holiday-franc… open the menu at the top left

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Europe SIM Card

welcome,

whatever you choose to get, you better ask them how you will top up or add minutes once you leave France.

Once you leave France, it maybe an issue. So, if you can buy vouchers, i would buy 1 immediately using the lowest price available and try to top up. Then you will need to figure out how much you will need once you leave France.

If you can top up via www, then again, i would try to do so once you can. You really dont want to try after you leave France unless you dont mind buying a SIM at the next country.

Also, before you leave the store i would.....

- google something to verify it works

- get a text/USSD code for your balance.

- if you SIM has a PIN make sure you note or record that.

- make sure you have the SIM phone number somewhere.

- be ready to produce your passport to buy the SIM. Some countries require it - now

good luck

Edited: 11 June 2018, 12:18
Reply to: Europe SIM Card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted