We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Versailles Sunday June 10 RER C running? or strike?

charleston, sc
Level Contributor
57 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Versailles Sunday June 10 RER C running? or strike?

I know Sunday June 10 was not previously listed as a strike day. Are the SNCF train RER C running from central Paris to Versailles? I am trying to make plans to get to Versailles on Sunday. I have my tickets to Versailles. I need a train ticket. I went on the SNCF site and it shows no tickets available. Not sure if that means not running or sold out. If can't get train ticket how do i get there? My tour is at 9:30am for the Kings Apartments.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
3 replies to this topic
Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Versailles Sunday June 10 RER C running? or strike?

You can't buy RER tickets on the SNCF website, anyway. I don't know where you saw that, I just looked at the ratp website and it doesn't have any notices about RER C not running, and it shows that route for June 10th. I think went to the Transilien SNCF website and it shows that line running on June 10th also (it's just the station t Pont d'Alma is closed). the only things on the regular SNCF website would be regular big trains, not sure why you want one of those.

charleston, sc
Level Contributor
57 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to Versailles Sunday June 10 RER C running? or strike?

Thanks. I was confusing the RER C with the SNCF trains. I feel much better now. So I can just walk down morning of and buy my ticket at kiosk and get on RERC to Versailles. How often does that train run? Is there a schedule

Mentioned in this post
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to Versailles Sunday June 10 RER C running? or strike?

See https://www.ratp.fr/en

Reply to: Train to Versailles Sunday June 10 RER C running? or strike?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted