We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG to Paris centre. Best option - RER/Uber/Taxi

Bengaluru, India
5 posts
1 review
CDG to Paris centre. Best option - RER/Uber/Taxi

We are 4 friends travelling to paris first time and will be landing at 8 PM in CDG airport

What are the best options to travel from CDG to our hotel in 2nd Arr Considering 4 people

1. RER

2. ‎Uber

3. ‎Any other taxi service provider in airport terminal.

4. ‎Or any other mode of transport

Is there any fixed fare between CDG and paris? Is there any surcharge if we take taxi/Uber at around 9PM?

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,840 Reviews
from US$ 37.80*
US$ 43.60
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
19 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
29,079 posts
95 reviews
1. Re: CDG to Paris centre. Best option - RER/Uber/Taxi

For four people the only sensible choice is to get in the official taxi queue and take a cab. It will cost 50 Euro for 4 people and their luggage. RER would cost about 41 Euro and require transfers and walking up and down stairs with luggage and then finding your hotel on foot and being careful to not be pickpocketed. Taxi for sure.

Uber is not usable from the airport.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
6,092 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: CDG to Paris centre. Best option - RER/Uber/Taxi

And no need to prearrange and do accept offers from anyone approaching you inside or outside of the airport.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
24,462 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: CDG to Paris centre. Best option - RER/Uber/Taxi

Definitely taxi.

Do not accept offers from clandestine drivers soliciting from within the terminals. Follow the signs to the taxi queues. Typically, taxi drivers are not tipped.

California
Level Contributor
8,682 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: CDG to Paris centre. Best option - RER/Uber/Taxi

Taxi. It's unanimous ;) It's very important not to accept a ride from anyone outside the official taxi rank. Write your address down on a slip of paper for the driver, then there will be no miscommunication.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
12,121 posts
565 reviews
5. Re: CDG to Paris centre. Best option - RER/Uber/Taxi

Take a taxi from the official taxi line. There is a fixed rate and one cannot beat the convenience.

Greenwich Village...
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: CDG to Paris centre. Best option - RER/Uber/Taxi

Just follow the Taxi signs to the official Taxi Parisien queue right outside the airport terminal, where you will see an official dispatcher at the front of the queue who will direct you to the right size taxi for your group. No need to arrange in advance. The dispatcher summons more taxis as needed, and the line moves pretty fast.

As others have told you, there is a fixed-price flat-fare for taxis from CDG into Paris: €50 to any Paris address on the Right Bank (where you are going) & €55 to the Left Bank, for up to 4 people with no extra charge for luggage. It helps to have the full address, including Paris postal code 75xxx, on a piece of paper to hand to the driver.

Ignore any strangers who might approach you and ask if you are looking for a ride — follow the signs and take only Taxi Parisien from official taxi queue.

Darwen, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: CDG to Paris centre. Best option - RER/Uber/Taxi

I would recommend using a taxi as you are a group of 4 people, and it is the most convenient way to travel. I use the metro, but we only have 2 people and super careful when it comes down to pickpockets

Redington Shores...
Level Contributor
682 posts
34 reviews
8. Re: CDG to Paris centre. Best option - RER/Uber/Taxi

I'd normally suggest Rer B because it's better value for one or two people, but with four, CDG taxi, hands down. There's an official queue w a dispatcher who directs traffic and customers. It's quite efficient. As mentioned, write the name and address of the hotel on a paper AND add €50 at the bottom. If you want to use VISA or MC, ask ahead of time and confirm. This way no surprises. Tip not customary unless they service is exceptional.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
6,092 posts
30 reviews
9. Re: CDG to Paris centre. Best option - RER/Uber/Taxi

Just realized, I mistyped - my post should have said "do *not* accept offers..."

Edited: 08 June 2018, 08:47
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
6 posts
85 reviews
10. Re: CDG to Paris centre. Best option - RER/Uber/Taxi

I will be traveling with my wife and niece next week. We will have 3 medium-large pieces of luggage plus 3 carryons and probably 2 large purses. I understand that the amount of luggage can be limited in a taxi. Is this correct?

Reply to: CDG to Paris centre. Best option - RER/Uber/Taxi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted