We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris with a 6 months child

1 post
Save Topic
Paris with a 6 months child

Dear all I would like to know if you can suggest me any place where to spend time with my little 6 months son between the 20th and the 23rd of June near Notre Dame. I am looking for a place where he could play with other little children or where to stay together with his grandmother while I would be busy for work. My best regards, Federica

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
675 Reviews
from US$ 75.30*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
731 Reviews
from US$ 49.00*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,280 Reviews
from US$ 104.00*
5 replies to this topic
Michigan
Level Contributor
464 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris with a 6 months child

There is a small park behind Notre Dame, it also has a little playground - Square Jean XXIII

A 15 minute walk south from Notre Dame on Boulevard Saint-Michel is a very large park with a pond - Jardin du Luxembourg.

A 15 minute east from Notre Dame along the river on the left (south) bank is another large park with a zoo - Jardin des Plantes.

You can find all of these parks on Google Maps.

Europe
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris with a 6 months child

how does a 6 month old play with other children? They don;t crawl, walk or communicate...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris with a 6 months child

I think for a 6 month old, the greater need is for a nice place for Grandma to comfortably hang out or walk around with the baby. Any of the parks mentioned above would do, or even a quiet café someplace while baby is napping.

There are also some nice areas to walk on both sides of the quai, along the river. Grandma will just have to find the places where there are ramps instead of stairs to go down and back up again.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 06:30
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16,633 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris with a 6 months child

As a grandma of some 6 who were at one time 6 months old, it's not about where the kid can hang out and "play" (they don't play), it's more like where Grandma can hang out and keep the kid calm and happy. I normally take the child out with me on my errands and lots of shopping. At that age, as long as the pram is moving they are generally happy (as long as they are fed and dry).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28,613 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris with a 6 months child

Grandma might enjoy the Luxembourg Gardens which is a lovely stroll from there with the stroller. She can get coffee or ice cream or a sandwich at the park and enjoy one of the hundreds of chairs with gorgeous vistas. The Tuilleries is another nice place adjacent to the Louvre. The kids sail little toys boats on the pool and the baby might enjoy watching. Or grandma could easily go to the Louvre with a stroller; there is literally an elevator for every staircase in the building; if she doesn't spot one, she could ask the guard to be directed.

The back of Notre Dame is the prettiest view and there are little bouncy horses on the side of the Cathedral for kids ( the 6 mos old is too young but with grandma holding him, maybe) and there are benches under the trees in back where grandma could rest and enjoy the view and perhaps eat a picnic lunch. Every bakery sells a baguette sandwich, dessert and drinks and will put it into a bag for her. They also sell little quiches and flatbreads with topping etc which they will heat up. Sidewalk cafes are a great place to watch the world go by while enjoying a nice cafe creme or soft drink or glass of wine depending on the time of day.

I think the idea is to spot pleasant places for Grandma to enjoy her time in Paris; the baby will be happy strolling or just being with Grandma wherever they are. The walk to the Luxembourg Gardens from this area is a pretty one and will give Grandma a nice view of Paris and the other places are along the Seine also a pleasant scenic place to stroll.

Lucky you to have Grandma along and lucky Grandma to get time to spend with your son in such a wonderful place.

Reply to: Paris with a 6 months child
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted