We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Opera District

Level Contributor
279 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Opera District

First-timers!!! We arrive early Friday morning...is there an Uber pick up zone? Should we take a taxi? Do taxis take credit card or cash? Any idea of the fare?

Thank you!

8 replies to this topic
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5,388 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Opera District

Did you do any searching before posting? This topic is covered almost daily on the forum and there is a FAQ in the upper right corner concerning methods to get into Paris.

If we assume by "airport", you mean CDG, then

No

Yes

Either

€50 (assuming not a large group)

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Charles De Gaulle Airport
Roissy-en-France, France
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,495 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Opera District

Follow Taxi signs to official Taxi Parisien queue just outside terminal door. Ignore anyone who might approach you asking if you want a ride. Just go directly to official Taxi line where you will see a dispatcher at front of queue.

Taxi is flat-rate fixed-fare from CDG to any address in Paris, for up to 4 people (no extra charge for luggage): €50 to the Right Bank (Opera is on Right Bank), and €55 to the Left Bank.

It is helpful to have full address (including Paris postal code 75xxx) written on a piece of paper to hand to the driver.

Taxi is supposed be able to accept credit card but verify with driver before you start.

Edited: 06 June 2018, 20:15
Mentioned in this post
Le Parisien
Le Parisien
100 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,684 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Opera District

Always check with the driver before getting in re the use of credit cards. Some drivers say that their credit card machines are not working and will only take cash

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
94,591 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Opera District

Going to Opéra, you also have the option of the Roissybus which runs from CDG to Opéra for €11.50 per person.

Mentioned in this post
RoissyBus
RoissyBus
100 Reviews
Paris, France
Roissy-en-France, France
Texas
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Opera District

I second the roussybus

Level Contributor
279 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Opera District

Many thanks @LovesSunnyIsles for all of the tips. Sounds like uber isn’t an option.

Ok, I’ll keep some euro on hand in case credit cards aren’t an option. Do you tip taxi drivers?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,495 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Opera District

Tipping not required. Many people do not tip taxi driver at all. I tip a few euros when coming from airport if driver is very helpful & carries my heavy luggage into hotel or apt lobby for me. (I normally arrive in Paris with a lot of luggage since I bring things for family there; I leave Paris with only my own single bag.) So not necessary to tip, entirely optional.

Taxi Parisien a better option from airport than Uber, but Uber is fine other times when you are already in the city. Or you can use the similar app-based local company which we prefer to Uber in Paris, Chauffeur Privé.

(but not from airport)

Edited: 11 June 2018, 07:20
Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Le Parisien
Le Parisien
100 Reviews
Paris, France
Level Contributor
279 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to Opera District

Thank you for the letting me know about the Roissybus option—I’ll keep it as a solid backup!

Mentioned in this post
RoissyBus
RoissyBus
100 Reviews
Paris, France
Reply to: Airport to Opera District
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted