We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moulin Rouge dress code

aad
London
7 posts
Save Topic
Moulin Rouge dress code

Hello,

I may be going to the Moulin Rouge on Monday night. Anyone have an idea about the dress code. Should I wear a suit or is smart/casual acceptible?

New York
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moulin Rouge dress code

Hi there -

We are going to the Moulin Rouge next sunday, and they said the men should wear a jacket and tie..... should be fun!

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moulin Rouge dress code

Smart/casual or semi-casual attire is fine. I went to a show last year and although many of the tourists were dressed up, quite a few were in semi-casual attire.

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Moulin Rouge dress code

My husband wore slacks witha turtle neck and a jacket. I wore a short black dress with heels and a lacy shawl.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moulin Rouge dress code

Rarely do tourist venues expect 'suit and tie'...nice slacks, shirt/turtleneck and a jacket works (actually for both sexes), and ladies could add jewelry or a scarf for more style, or could wear the 'twins' cardigan tops instead of a jacket... You can reuse same kind of dress for nicer restaurants, too.

Hobart, Indiana
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Moulin Rouge dress code

KBWR

My sister, father and I will also be attending the Moulin Rouge Show on Sunday the 17th. What time are you seeing it? We have a reservation for the 11pm show. 2 weeks ago when we made the reservations, that was all that was left all weekend long. Can't wait! L

New York
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moulin Rouge dress code

How great!

We are doing the 7 pm dinner and then the 9pm show...we'll just miss you!

and oh yeah... about that jacket and tie thing..I mentioned what I thought I had discovered to my husband and he said...honey, they said jacket and tie NOT required..

oops! :)

aad
London
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Moulin Rouge dress code

Thankyou all. I shall go suited and booted, while my wife will be wearing a black silk paper taffeta skirt and heels. We're going to the 11pm show and are actually going with friends who are in the Cirque Eloize show Nomade at the Folies Bergeres. It's a fantastic, magical show that's really worth seeing. Plug over!

Mind you, if we can't get a table we'll be the best-dressed people in the local Chinese takeaway!

Warwickshire,England
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Moulin Rouge dress code

Hello I am going to Paris in July with my 18yr old daughter, we too would like to go to the Moulin Rouge, are you able to book it on line,.also when you come out what is it like for getting a taxi back we are staying in the 14th. is the menu a sit meal, what sort of prices are we looking at,..sorry so many questions and the answer to yours, well I think we may dress up just a little.....

Warwickshire,England
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Moulin Rouge dress code

sorry i should really learn to read before i press the enter key, I meant to say is it a set meal,...any info much appreciated...

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Moulin Rouge dress code

I went with the GF at the end of Feb, the Moulin Rouge is slap bang in the middle of loads of bars and adult shops! Dress code - Please make the effort, it is an old once in a lifetime show and I think spoils the evening watching people wandering around wearing tracksuit bottoms (as I witnessed). I wore a suit and shoes whilst my Mrs got glammed right up.

As there were only 2 of us we were seated with 2 strangers at their table of 4 (wasn't too comfortable with that). We didn't eat but the couple next to us seemed to enjoy their meal!! There are plenty of busy waiters wandering about so you should be able to get drinks easily, we shared a bottle of Champagne which was included with the booking fee.

We booked through the official site.

The show is OK (topless for the lads!!) the lady swimming with the Pythons is amazing!

As for getting a taxi, it was quite easy for us as my Mrs stayed in the boutique (shop) for about an hour after the show and we got straight in a cab outside the front door.

You can also get your picture taken by the resident photographer who then presents the pics on match boxes (weird?)

All in all not bad, make the effort with the dress code and you should enjoy it.