We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryder cup 2018

1 post
Ryder cup 2018

Hi,

I've booked tickets for the 2018 Ryder cup and need to know the best area to stay in, close to a shuttle point? I believe the closest airport is Paris Orly but doesn't seem to be many flights there from Manchester at the moment.

Any help would be much appreciated! It's a surprise present so I need to try and get this right!

Thank you

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,847 Reviews
from US$ 37.60*
US$ 44.20
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,290 Reviews
from US$ 110.40*
137 replies to this topic
Beverley, United...
3 posts
1. Re: Ryder cup 2018

does anyone know how to change a profile picture on my ryder cup account.

I created an account and bought tickets for my parents. I uploaded my picture as it was my account. both my parents were booked as attendees but think my picture has gone onto my dads ticket which was listed as the 1st attendee.i cannot seem to contact anyone to ask about it.

has anyone had this problem in the past.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
1 post
59 reviews
2. Re: Ryder cup 2018

Hi. Try emailing RyderCupTickets@Europeantour.com. I have had an issue with a ticket and they are responding when I send emails to this address

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
75 reviews
3. Re: Ryder cup 2018

YES; their website must be one of the worst I have ever encountered!.

Send an email to the address given on the site; they eventually respond. If you have uploaded a photograph of the correct person they will sort it out.

Groves, Texas
Level Contributor
950 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Ryder cup 2018

Yes you need to email them. My husband had some issues getting his and my sons pictures straightened out but finally did. We are staying in Paris and he will go out to the event since we don’t all want to go.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3 posts
67 reviews
5. Re: Ryder cup 2018

The venue is out past Versailles and most people will arrive by RER and get the shuttle to the course. Pretty much anywhere in Paris is close to a metro or RER line so with one change it's normally easy to get out there. We are staying in Nanterre because there are good deals on apartment hotels, it's close to the RER line and there is car parking. The Ryder cup site offers a 40 euro transport ticket which is good value if you are staying for a few days and especially good if you are coming from an airport. You can pretty much stay where you like and use the metro/RER to get around. Also arriving at either CdG airport or Orly is fine (although CdG is a bit further away).

Lichfield, United...
3 posts
6. Re: Ryder cup 2018

The Ryder Cup travel ticket sounds like good value, but just concerned that the RER zone 5 seems to end at St Quentin en Yvelinnes, we are staying in Maurepas and I'm not sure if that is in zone 5 on the RER map?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,238 posts
31 reviews
7. Re: Ryder cup 2018

I can't remember if Maurepas is in zone 4 or 5, but you'll be covered in any case. Note that Maurepas doesn't have a station but is close to La Verrière and Trappes stations.

I haven't looked into this special 40€ Ryder Cup transport pass yet, but assuming the shuttle buses are free and you are leaving Paris on the Sunday evening or before, then know that the Navigo Decouverte pass loaded for 1 week for zones 1-5 only costs 5€ + 22.80€ . All you need is a 2x3cm photo and to load it Monday through Thursday the week the Cup begins. I'll check the Ryder Cup pass and shuttlebus details and post back here if there's something I missed.

Lichfield, United...
3 posts
8. Re: Ryder cup 2018

Thanks for that, very helpful advice, will look into the Decouverte pass.

Tadcaster, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
64 reviews
9. Re: Ryder cup 2018

From my experience of going away to watch the Ryder Cup it's best to stay in a hotel which has a TV in the bar. I know it might sound a bit low budget but after watching the events unfold each day there's nothing better than coming back to a bar in your hotel and watching it all again.

Can anyone recommend hotels in the centre like this?

Cheers

Jonathan

Lichfield, United...
3 posts
10. Re: Ryder cup 2018

Just had an update from the Ryder cup ticketing team, quoted below:-

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately the travel card only enables you to travel in zones 1 - 3.

Kind Regards.

Sara

Ryder Cup Ticketing

www.rydercup.com

So it seems that the travel ticket isn't as all encompassing as it sounds, thought id post it out there for anyone else in the same situation

Reply to: Ryder cup 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted