We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wifi at CDG and RER B station?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
113 posts
Wifi at CDG and RER B station?

I know that there is free wifi at CDG, but does anyone know how much of CDG has this? Will I be able to use the wifi at baggage claim? At the CDG RER station? Or does RER have wifi itself? (I assume it does not). I'm trying to coordinate with some people upon arrival, and will not be able to call until I get my sim card in Paris, so I'm wondering when I will be cut-off from my email. Thanks!

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,846 Reviews
from US$ 37.60*
US$ 44.20
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,290 Reviews
from US$ 110.40*
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Wifi at CDG and RER B station?

Wi-Fi works in baggage claim. RER does not have Wi-Fi. I don't know about the train station.

Edited: 13 December 2016, 05:17
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
24,474 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Wifi at CDG and RER B station?

<< I'm trying to coordinate with some people upon arrival, and will not be able to call until I get my sim card in Paris,>>

Why can´t you call from CDG? There are several locations with pay phones.

SIMs are also sold at many of Relay stores at the airport. They cost about 10€ including talk time.

There is no wifi on the RER or at the station.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
113 posts
3. Re: Wifi at CDG and RER B station?

I forgot about pay phones! Can I just use a credit card or would I need to buy a specific phone card?

I am planning to buy a sim at SFR in Paris, so unless they have those at Relay I am going to wait.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Wifi at CDG and RER B station?

If you catch the RER from Terminal 2, there is wifi in the ticket hall above the tracks, because it's a common hall shared with the TGV, and SNCF have wifi at long-distance stations

But it is likely to be really slow, okay for email if you're lucky. If you want to use Viber or Skype for voice calls you'll have better luck in the airport terminal waiting areas. It was not bad there last time I tried it in T2.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Wifi at CDG and RER B station?

In my experience, WiFi at CDG is unreliable. Most often the signal is very weak and goes in and out. Also, many e-mail providers are not necessarily "instant" some taking hour to transmit. Same goes for any SIM service (and we've used T-Mobile and Lebara), which comes and goes, so texts may or may not be promptly received.

6. Re: Wifi at CDG and RER B station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2017, 10:47