We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnac stones

New Milford...
2 posts
1 review
Carnac stones

We plan on spending 4 days near Carnac stones. Looking for a place to stay with a party of 7 3 of which are teens and preteens. Also other areas that might prove interesting.

2 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26,073 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: Carnac stones

We stayed at Quiberon which is a sweet seaside holiday town, however, to reach it you need to travel in and out on a long, narrow road. In holiday time there can be lots of traffic and very slow.

www.nickbooth.id.au/Europe11/Quiberon.html

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
453 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Carnac stones

We (my daughter, teen granddaughter, tween grandson) stayed in Vannes and thought it was a great location for exploring that part of Brittany. It is a charming town in its own right, with an interesting medieval section inside remparts. We spent one day on the Quiberon peninsula and saw many, many megaliths; I was surprised that there were acres of them!

I don't have any recommendations as to where to stay with 7 people, but when I was researching for us, there were many places on airbnb, through which we rented the apartment. We were there this past June and traffic was not a problem on the peninsula or elsewhere;I imagine it is different in high season.

We very much enjoyed lunch and a couple of hours in scenic Pont-Aven on another day on our way to Quimper.

Reply to: Carnac stones
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brittany
Recent Conversations