We plan on spending roughly a week in Brittany after our day trip in the Loire Valley (driving from Paris - where we will be spending a week). The plan is to currently stay at Amboise before heading out to northern Brittany. As a first cut, our Itinerary is as follows. We will be driving.
Night 2) Stay at St Malo) Goto MSM -> St Malo.
Night 4) Stay at Perros Guirec or Treguier) Granite Coast Walk G34/Ploumanach
Note: We may have 1 extra day to be able to "add in".
Note: We have 2 young kids 9 and 7. We want to try and take a less hectic approach, as to rushing through and seeing everything. I guess I want to focus on the areas of interest that will give the best "feel" for the area. As much as my wife and I would love to stop at every quaint little village, it's not possible with the 2 kids.
- Regarding #1. Would fitting in Dinan between the drive be too much? Or would we be better off using that "extra" day just for a boat ride to Dinan.
- Are we giving St Malo too little time? Technically we're just treating it as a home base and only really seeing it during "downtime" - which we should have plenty of to be honest.
- When we drive to the Granite Coast, should we 1) use Treguier as a home base or Perros Guirec? We do have 2 younger kids. PG would probably be more convenient, but we also want that smaller town feel. 2) How is the drive along the coast from St Malo? D786 I think it is?
- We will be a group of 6. How annoying would it be to find parking with a larger car/van?
- For night #5, if there was a potential stopping point along the drive from PG/Treg to Rennes, where would a nice be? I believe Moncontour is supposed to be nice
- And I know a potential additional night might mess everything up, but we don't want to change home bases more than twice. Would an extra night in St Malo to go take a boat to Dinan (if fitting in Dinan in #1 is too much) be worth it? , or maybe take a boat from St Malo to Cancale? Or maybe an extra night in Perros Guierc or Treguier to do something else - like a water play day just for the kids?
Thanks in advance.