We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 nights in Brittany

Sheffield
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
4 nights in Brittany

Hello

Complete newbie to Brittany so any suggestions / ideas / where to see would be much appreciated. Looking through posts it appears that trying to fit too much in is not the way to go so I'm thinking possibly staying in a couple or maybe 3 b&n's over the 4 nights.

I will flying into Dinard early September,hiring a car and thought maybe to have 1 or 2 days around Saint - Brieuc then having a day around Treguier then for the final day ??.

I enjoy the coastline but equally would like to see some inland scenic villages / towns, would really like to see Rochefort en Terre and Karen Gacilly for the floral displays but I guess they are too far to travel from my suggested bases ?.

So much I want to see and experience in Brittany but like I say don't want to get caught in the trap of spending most of my time in the car.

Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions.

Andy

5 replies to this topic
Treguier, France
1 post
1 review
1. Re: 4 nights in Brittany

Hi, your suggestion of Treguier is a good one, its a lovely medieval hill top town. Within 30 mins is Paimpol, a small port with lots of arty / gift shops. They have a heritage steam train some days. Also 30 mins from Treguier is the Pink Granite Cost, Tregestel and Ploumemanch are villages worth seeing with access to coastal walks. From there west to Morlaix there are lots of nice villages in inlets.

St Breuac is a large regional administrative town and whilst having shops is not, in my view, very notable for tourists.

If you can go further afield Dinan is a superb historic town with a castle and town wall walks.

Enjoy!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: 4 nights in Brittany

Thanks Mark that's really helpful, hopefully will be flying into Dinard so Dinan may be either the first or last base.

Andy

Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
3. Re: 4 nights in Brittany

Benodet all day long. Set on the banks of L'Odet River. Beautiful location and area. Not far from Quimper, Concarneau and Gaugin the artist's town of Pont Avon. Apologies for any spelling errors.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
411 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: 4 nights in Brittany

Loved picturesque Pont-Aven for lunch and few hours this past June!

Montreal
Destination Expert
for France
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
56 reviews
5. Re: 4 nights in Brittany

I agree with Mark that Saint-Brieuc really hasn't much beside the lovely coastline in the area.

Paimpol and Bréhat island are nice. So is Tréguier. If you are into gardens then near Trégieur you have the Kerdalo gardens that might interest you. http://www.lesjardinsdekerdalo.com/

You are indeed near the Pink Granite Coast ! Ploumanac'h is really lovely and is near the most interesting part of the "Sentier des Douaniers". bretagne-cotedegranitrose.com/welcome-to-the…

Between Dinard and Tréguier don't miss the côte d'émeraude with Saint-Lunaire, the Cap Fréhel and Fort la Latte, Erquy.

Dinan is well worth a visit, so is Léhon right beside it. Along the Rance River between Dinard and Dinan, the small fishing village of Saint-Suliac is also worth a stop if you have time. It's lovely.

Here is the website for the entire department of Côtes d'Armor : https://www.cotesdarmor.com/

Enjoy your time in Brittany ! :-)

Reply to: 4 nights in Brittany
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brittany
Recent Conversations