We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train trips to Selestat and Obernai in Winter

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
93 reviews
Train trips to Selestat and Obernai in Winter

We are spending five nights in Strasbourg from 4th January until 9th January.

I think we will find plenty to occupy ourselves for that time as we have an full day Alsace wine tour booked and are planning to visit Colmar as well.

In case we run out of things to do, I have seen that we can easily visit Selestat and Obernai also by train. Although I have searched the forum I really can't work out whether it would be worth visiting these towns (villages?) at that time of year. Are restaurants likely to be open, and are there interesting sights to see just wandering around?

I would appreciate any suggestions please. Unfortunately not only will it be mid-winter but it is also likely to be a Sunday or Monday too which I know makes things extra difficult.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

1 reply
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
9,523 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Train trips to Selestat and Obernai in Winter

They are both places where people actually live rather than being tourist destinations. Being January should make relatively little difference apart from it being cold, damp and dark - and quite probably misty.

Reply to: Train trips to Selestat and Obernai in Winter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted