We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Train from Nice/Monaco to Paris?

San Francisco...
14 posts
Night Train from Nice/Monaco to Paris?

Hi, I am searching Raileurope.com for a night train from either Nice or Monaco (that general area) to Paris leaving the night of 5/26/2011 and arriving in Paris the morning of 5/27/2011 but cannot find anything. Are there not night trains running each day between these areas? I can see that the next day (Friday night to Saturday morning) there is a night train available, but not the prior day. Any help on this would be much appreciated! I am afraid I planned this journey anticipating being able to cut out some travel time by taking a night train during this time to maximize time in both South France and Paris, but becoming concerned, thanks!

Special Offer
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
795 Reviews
from US$ 37.48*
US$ 41.64
Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,983 Reviews
from US$ 39.56*
US$ 43.95
Best Seller
Bateaux Parisiens Seine River Dinner...
793 Reviews
from US$ 79.81*
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
99,198 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Night Train from Nice/Monaco to Paris?

Do not use RailEurope. It does not operate any trains. It is just an agency selling train tickets with substantial extra fees added to the ticket cost. Its information on trains is often incomplete and sometimes inaccurate.

I can see a train on that day leaving Nice at 20.02 and arriving at Paris Gare d'Austerlitz at 07.45.

You can get accurate train times and costs, and make bookings, in English at www.tgv-europe.com/en but use Australia or Great Britain as the "Ticket collection country" on the first screen. If you use USA, you get transferred back to RailEurope.

If you can get the cheapest tickets, known as PREMs, you can print them on your computer, and e-tickets are being introduced for some other journeys. For other tickets, say you want to collect in France. You can collect from a staffed ticket office at a station or from an SNCF boutique shop. If you have a "chip-and-PIN" card, you can also collect from a ticket machine. To collect, you must have the *exact* same card used for the booking.

Edited: 25 March 2011, 07:19
San Francisco...
14 posts
2. Re: Night Train from Nice/Monaco to Paris?

Hmmm, I went to the website you mentioned and chose Australia and Great Britain so I wouldn't be redirected, however, on the night of Thursday May 26th it still tells me that the 20.02 train (operated by Lunea, I believe) is not able to be booked. I tried to find Lunea website to book but have had no luck?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
99,198 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Night Train from Nice/Monaco to Paris?

It is doing the same for me now, but it showed prices when I went there before posting reply #1. The only thing I can think of is that, as it is 3.26 am currently in France, the site may be undergoing some maintenance.

Wait until it is French working hours, clear all cookies relating to RailEurope, tgv-europe, or SNCF, and then try again.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Night Train from Nice/Monaco to Paris?

Its probably too early too book? I know the Lunea train from Paris to Perpignan isnt bookable for those dates yet either. Does anyone know when SNCF update their timetables for the summer?

5. Re: Night Train from Nice/Monaco to Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 November 2015, 04:01
Edited: 10 November 2015, 04:01
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
6. Re: Night Train from Nice/Monaco to Paris?

The night train didn't show up last night when i looked at voyages-sncf and doesn't today either - even using different browsers

also using tgv-europe - i see no night trains listed for the 26th

I can see night trains listed for other dates with voyages-sncf and tgv-europe before and after but not for 26th

bahn.de shows a train at 19:28 arr 08:45 which does not show up for me on the sncf sites - the last train i see is 17.35 getting in at 23.11

just tried with my son's computer - same results- no night train on 26th may

Edited: 25 March 2011, 21:47
7. Re: Night Train from Nice/Monaco to Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 00:48