We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crit'Air sticker

Serbia
Level Contributor
127 posts
656 reviews
Crit'Air sticker

Hello,

Driving into France with a new petrol Euro 6 car, foreign plates, and I have just learnt abot these stickers about environmental impact. I am leaving tomorrow so I cannot order it. Can I buy it on a gas station in France? I read it somewhere but wanted to check...

Thanks!

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,846 Reviews
from US$ 37.60*
US$ 44.20
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,290 Reviews
from US$ 110.40*
10 replies to this topic
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
9,346 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Crit'Air sticker

No. It has to be ordered and paid for through the internet, and that can only be done by the owner of the car.

Serbia
Level Contributor
127 posts
656 reviews
2. Re: Crit'Air sticker

Do I have to have it for every road in the country? I will not be driving into any big cities.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,843 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Crit'Air sticker

It doesn't apply only to large cities.

In France, there are both ZCR (Permanent Environmental Zones) and ZPA (Temporary Air Protection Zones) when high pollution is declared.. This will describe the zones.

https:/…c29521

There is an App you can download that shows the status of the Green Zones.

https:/…info-the-green-zones-app.html

If you order the Crit'Air sticker you receive an email (mine came next day) with an image of the Crir'Air to attach to the windscreen until the formal version arrives by post.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,843 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Crit'Air sticker

Yesterday, 7 August, due to the poor air quality driving controls were in place for Annecy, Lyon, Paris, Strasbourg and Isère.

https://www.crit-air.fr/en.html

Serbia
Level Contributor
127 posts
656 reviews
5. Re: Crit'Air sticker

Thank you all very much. I have checked the zone map and it seems the only time I would be passing through any zone is on the motorway. Is the sticker still required?

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
9,593 posts
93 reviews
6. Re: Crit'Air sticker

As long as you do not leave the motorway within the zone you don't need the sticker.

Serbia
Level Contributor
127 posts
656 reviews
7. Re: Crit'Air sticker

Great! Thanks!

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
9,346 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Crit'Air sticker

You still have to obey any "pic de pollution" speed limits (typically 70 km/h) on the autoroute though.

Serbia
Level Contributor
127 posts
656 reviews
9. Re: Crit'Air sticker

These speed limits are marked?

Rennes, France
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
17 reviews
10. Re: Crit'Air sticker

The Crit'Air restriction for cars has been lifted for Lyon and Isère starting tomorrow. If there is a speed limit restriction due to pollution, it will be announced on the information signs on the highway (above the lanes, you can't miss it, but people tend to not respect it, as it is very difficult to enforce, so it's up to you and your conscience).

Reply to: Crit'Air sticker
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted