We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days tour from and to Paris

Cairo, Egypt
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
5 days tour from and to Paris

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on tripadvisor, and I'm really glad to be joining this amazing community.

I will be visiting Paris on the 25th of August with my wife (we are mid-twenties). Paris is not our taste, so we're not planing to stay there. It was only the best deal for airline tickets we could get.

We both love nature and old cities. (Bavaria is one of our favorite destinations ever).

So I need your help about what places we could go by train that would tick the boxes of nature\hiking and old cities.

We can leave Paris starting 26th and we need to be back on the 31st of August.

Our budget for transportation\accommodation is a bit flexible, however if we can stay in the range of 1,000 euros it would be great.

My wife is fluent in German, so if there are German speaking destinations it would be a plus.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Bavaria
Bavaria
Germany
4 replies to this topic
CA
Level Contributor
10,832 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days tour from and to Paris

How about Strasbourg and Colmar? Freiburg in Germany is nearby, easy day trip by train.

Mentioned in this post
Strasbourg
Strasbourg
Bas-Rhin, France
Colmar
Colmar
Haut-Rhin, France
Germany
Germany
Europe
Cairo, Egypt
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days tour from and to Paris

Thank you for the suggestions.. will look into them!

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days tour from and to Paris

I highly recommend Rouen - it is not too far from Paris and has some really nice medieval buildings as well as some lovely cathedrals. It is quite unique as they have preserved the old buildings well and have used many of them as quaint little shops and restaurants. It is not to overwhelmed with tourists and gives you a good French vibe.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Cairo, Egypt
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days tour from and to Paris

This sounds interesting.. will definitely consider it.

Thank you

Reply to: 5 days tour from and to Paris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted