We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How safe is Paris

1 post
Save Topic
How safe is Paris

Hello Im a solo traveller Im 23 y/o guy traveling to Paris, France this December.I've been researching and reading a lot about how safe it is and all I found is negative feedback. Has anyone been to Paris recently? Im overthinking this a lot I'll most likely be riding the metro with my checked in bag and my day bag once I land and I can't help to be concern about this safety situation.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
645 Reviews
from US$ 72.70*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
702 Reviews
from US$ 47.30*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,267 Reviews
from US$ 100.30*
2 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How safe is Paris

HI Rafa R

My wife and I were in Paris a year ago for a week and never had any problems or felt slightly unsafe. We used the metro when we arrived with our bags without a hassle. You need to take the usual precautions, don't keep all your valuables in the one pocket/bag, don't keep your wallet in a pocket (front or back) that can be pick-pocketed, because that does happen. Be aware of your surroundings and educate yourself so you don't wander around in a potentially "dodgy" area late at night. No matter how careful you are, there is always a chance of something going wrong, but if you use common sense, you will be fine. Hope you have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,833 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How safe is Paris

Where are you from? And where are you seeing the negative information?

Reply to: How safe is Paris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted