We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must-Have Travel Apps for European Trip

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
27 reviews
Must-Have Travel Apps for European Trip

Hello! My husband and I planned our trip to France and Italy on our own. We leave in a week and I was wondering if any of you experienced travelers had some suggestions on Must-Have Travel Apps? More specifically, I am looking for one that would house all of our reservations. I have been playing around with the Trip-It App....but, it doesn't seem to be transferring all the specific details regarding our reservations (time, address, meeting spot, etc.). Is there another one that you recommend? Any other apps that we should download before we leave? Thanks in advance!

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,910 Reviews
from US$ 39.40*
US$ 43.80
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,296 Reviews
from US$ 109.50*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
3 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
33,103 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Must-Have Travel Apps for European Trip

I love Trip It. It's a big help that once everything is updated, it's all available off line. Here now and using it. It's worth spending the time to transfer the details manually before you leave and update manually when you need to.

I also used a language translation app in Italy. Can't remember now which one I had, but it was handy a few times.

And if you aren't familiar with Google offline maps, get a tutorial on downloading them too. I'm sitting here on hotel wifi right now downloading what I need for the next couple of days.

2 posts
2. Re: Must-Have Travel Apps for European Trip

TripIt is a good App, although it didn't align with your main travel objectives. Google and Google Offline Maps would be a saviour and any apps which will translate the language for you. I would recommend Microsoft Translator - Translate text, voice, and images into 60+ languages. If safety of a particular city or neighborhood is a concern, you can check it from GeoSure App ...As far as managing the reservations are concerned you can use TripCase - for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry from Sabre Holdings lets you combine your flight, hotel and rental car bookings into a single itinerary.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Must-Have Travel Apps for European Trip

Google translate and google map is good enough. I did not ever once lost in direction during my 2 weeks holiday from France to Italy. But learning a little and simple local language is definitely worth your time.

2 cents worth advice.

Reply to: Must-Have Travel Apps for European Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted