We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfortable & Stylish Walking Shoes for European Trip

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
27 reviews
Comfortable & Stylish Walking Shoes for European Trip

Hello! I am looking for comfortable and stylish walking shoes for our upcoming trip to Europe. I am looking for something lightweight- but, it must also give me support....as, we plan on doing a lot of walking. Thanks in advance!

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
686 Reviews
from US$ 73.80*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
745 Reviews
from US$ 48.10*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,283 Reviews
from US$ 111.30*
6 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
943 posts
1. Re: Comfortable & Stylish Walking Shoes for European Trip

I usually go with Clarks. I also like to add Dr. Scholl's arch support inserts.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
18,024 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Comfortable & Stylish Walking Shoes for European Trip

It really depends on what works for you. Comfort is more important than style as no one really cares what you are wearing. Sneakers are fine - even white one ones. I need a heel and cannot stand to wear to flats and recently have been walking many miles in my Trippen sandals.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16,709 posts
75 reviews
3. Re: Comfortable & Stylish Walking Shoes for European Trip

I love my Marni sneaker Maryjanes that come in multiple colour blocks. Comfortable with lots support as well as cushioning.

Montpelier, Vermont
Level Contributor
739 posts
106 reviews
4. Re: Comfortable & Stylish Walking Shoes for European Trip

Keen Presidio (not sure they're "stylish" but they're comfoefable, sturdy and come in a multitude of colors.)

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Comfortable & Stylish Walking Shoes for European Trip

I prefer closed, tie shoes for days that will be mostly walking. I had not heard of Keen Presidio shoes, mentioned in post #4, so I looked them up. I like the look of the shoes shown in the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/yd37w7fu

In case, you want some sandals, look for shoes that have adjustable straps. I would recommend the following Clarks and Merrells:

Clark's Brizo Sammie Sandals

https://tinyurl.com/ycbxruah

Merrell Lissum Ridge Convert Sandals (No longer available at the Merrell's site. I bought these for $35 at Marshall's!)

https://tinyurl.com/y76enk9s

I have read that Zappo's has a liberal return policy.

USA
Level Contributor
169 posts
6. Re: Comfortable & Stylish Walking Shoes for European Trip

I wear dansko shoes and sandals. The ones with a “memory footbed” are my favorites for all day walking. They come in a variety of styles and I wear them with everything from jeans to nice dresses.

I have walked all through large cities, cobblestone walled cities, hills, etc. I have also taken the Eiffel Tower stairs twice in my danskos.

Reply to: Comfortable & Stylish Walking Shoes for European Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted