We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Paris with stop in Switzerland

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
278 posts
Save Topic
First time in Paris with stop in Switzerland

I read a boat load of first time posts in Paris. I just need help & my situation is a little different or is it.... I think it is.

Me & my wife are traveling in April 2019 flying into paris & traveling towards Switzerland. We are meeting up with our exchange student that we have not seen in 4 years. We have 2 nights booked at montrematre (I believe), we wanted to see the tourist parts a little but would love to see some scenic views or historic sights, any suggestions? Other parts of franc that is a must see or do ?

We are a married couple in our mid 30’s.

2 replies to this topic
r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9,107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Paris with stop in Switzerland

welcome,

you only have 1 day. planning in nights is fine for hotels, but im sure you are awake during the day and is when many things are open during the day.

heres a link to things to do and see in Paris since you dont have alot of time.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g187…

if you want to spend time outside of Paris, then that will of course take away from your Paris time.

one last comment, you may want to think about when you will go to Switzerland and how you will get there. From my bad memory, they do have a "spring break" in France and they let students out by region so that theres not a mad rush to get out. And if my bad memory is good, i think that many of those students head to outside of Paris and to Switzerland to ski. Its just something that is nagging my bad memory. I just remember the trains were Standing Room ONLy.

good luck

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
9,191 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Paris with stop in Switzerland

The district of Paris is Montmartre.

There are no school holidays in May, but there are several public holidays when many people travel.

Very few people go skiing in May - there is too little snow.

Standing on reservation only TGV (Lyria) trains to Switzerland is not allowed.

Edited: 05 August 2018, 11:29
Reply to: First time in Paris with stop in Switzerland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted