We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AutoEurope car rental in France

Maryland
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
AutoEurope car rental in France

I’ve been pricing rental cars in France. We’ll be there for 3 months and plan on renting a car for 26 days at a time. Hertz, whom I’ve rented with exclusively while in France is 50% more than the AutoEurope quote I’ve received. Strangely, the car that’s been quoted is a Hertz car and the usual pickup location.. Of course I’m leaning towards AutoEurope but a wee bit concerned about add on surprises. I’ve also “requested” gps is the car but there was no mention of the additional fee. I know with Hertz it’s automatic. Anyone know of a reason I should not go with AutoEurope? A bit leery of their no cancellation policy. (Other than it sounds too good to be true...)

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
684 Reviews
from US$ 74.00*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
743 Reviews
from US$ 48.10*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,283 Reviews
from US$ 111.60*
12 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Level Contributor
18,020 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: AutoEurope car rental in France

I usually use AutoEurope because of their prices and customer service.

If you're a Costco member in the US you might also try them too. I used them recently because their price was lower than AE and they also offered a free second driver.

Maryland
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: AutoEurope car rental in France

Thanks

3. Re: AutoEurope car rental in France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 August 2018, 02:57

4. Re: AutoEurope car rental in France

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

5. Re: AutoEurope car rental in France

6. Re: AutoEurope car rental in France

Removed on: 04 August 2018, 02:58

Occitanie, France
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
15,386 posts
150 reviews
7. Re: AutoEurope car rental in France

We’ve rented only from Autoeurope in France and the UK for several years, never had a problem with any company we’ve rented from through them.

Occitanie, France
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
15,386 posts
150 reviews
8. Re: AutoEurope car rental in France

Sorry for the mess in posts above; TA had a nervous breakdown fir 30 minutes or so.

Maryland
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: AutoEurope car rental in France

Thank you

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
61,187 posts
171 reviews
10. Re: AutoEurope car rental in France

If you rent through Autoeurope, you should still stick to one of the major international providers. Depending on the country, sometimes you get other smaller, less well-known companies that could be problematic.

Reply to: AutoEurope car rental in France
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted