We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Weeks - Paris to Nice

1 post
Save Topic
Two Weeks - Paris to Nice

My wife and I are spending two weeks in France in early October, flying into Paris and out of Nice. We plan on spending the first 4-5 nights in Paris and then travelling from Paris, eventually ending up in Nice for at least a night or two to accommodate the flight out. We're struggling with where to go i the middle piece, as there's just so many options and they all seem great. We're paralyzed by the good choices.

We'd only look to visit two more places in that middle period, and would prefer to spend some of that time in the countryside and potentially travel from there. The most direct route seems to go from Paris to Lyon and then Provence, but many people seem to have suggested that there are much better places to visit than Lyon. We could also head to Dordogne/Bordeaux and the fly from there to Nice (or head to Montpelier/Marseille and then across).

We're typically good with planning these types of trips had had no issue with a couple of trips to Spain and Italy, but we're less familiar with France and open to any suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
Provence Caffe
Provence Caffe
261 Reviews
Angers, France
Dordogne
Dordogne
Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
Bordeaux
Bordeaux
Gironde, France
Marseille
Marseille
Bouches-du-Rhone, France
Spain
Spain
Europe
Italy
Italy
Europe
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
646 Reviews
from US$ 73.30*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
703 Reviews
from US$ 47.70*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,267 Reviews
from US$ 101.30*
1 reply
Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
8,987 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two Weeks - Paris to Nice

I would take the train to Avignon or Nice and spend the few remaining days you have after Paris to scratch the surface of these areas. You will save the best part of a day of your trip by taking the train rather than wasting time & money driving.

Mentioned in this post
Avignon
Avignon
Vaucluse, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Reply to: Two Weeks - Paris to Nice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted