We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South of France or south of Italy in October

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
South of France or south of Italy in October

Hi all,

Me and my wife are thinking about doing a trip in Europe. More precisely in Italy or France - hesitating a bit here. We would be going from Oct 3rd to Oct 15.

Thing is I will be travelling to Milan for business one week before and my wife will be joining me in either Paris or Milan and we will take it from there.

For south of France we were thinking on taking a train to Bordeaux and visiting Sarlat, St Emillion and maybe Archacon.

For Italy, we were thinking on going for 1 or 2 days to Rome and go to Florence or Naples and visiting around.

We would most likely need to rent a car to move around for both options.

Our background : Early thirties, love good food and good wine, adventurous. We come from Mauritius so beaches are not a must for us :)

thanks all!

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,897 Reviews
from US$ 39.70*
US$ 44.10
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,294 Reviews
from US$ 110.20*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
1 reply
Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
100 reviews
1. Re: South of France or south of Italy in October

Both are good choices. If you were a beach person I'd say Italy in October. Most people consider south of France to be Provence/Cote d'Azur which is our favorite. If you do decide on Italy, don't miss visiting Pompeii just south of Naples.

Reply to: South of France or south of Italy in October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted