We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuck at CDG for 6 Hours!! Any Secret Places to Stay?

Boston...
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Stuck at CDG for 6 Hours!! Any Secret Places to Stay?

This Saturday I am suffering the consequences of choosing a great fare. My wife and I have a 6 hour layover from 8:00AM (scheduled landing) to 2:00pm (take off to another EU City).

I hate to admit that I don;t think there is enough time to go into the city.

Does anyone know CDG well and offer some suggestions for places to while away the hours? A good restaurant? Bar? Place to plop our feet up?

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,843 Reviews
from US$ 37.90*
US$ 43.70
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
3 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
1. Re: Stuck at CDG for 6 Hours!! Any Secret Places to Stay?

Hi, you may not have a huge amount of time to while away. If after an 8 am touchdown you are going through immigration and don't have priority passage/Acces #1, it could be a couple of hours before you are done. It is recommended to be back to go through security 2 hrs before your inter-EU flight.

You may only have 2-3 hrs max. That is assuming you are not also collecting and rechecking luggage which would mean even less.

If you want to leave the airport there is Aeroville, a nearby shopping mall with multiple restaurants to consider. The easycdg site http://easycdg.com/airport-guide/ has maps and info re facilities at the airport itself. CDG is not like other airports such as Changi in Singapore, where there is a plethora of things to occupy yourself during a layover.

Edited: 01 August 2018, 19:57
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Stuck at CDG for 6 Hours!! Any Secret Places to Stay?

If you are tired and/or want a shower, the Ibis over at Terminal 3 will rent day rooms at €14 per hour (2 hour minimum.) Easy to access via the CDGVAL shuttle train between the terminals.

Boston...
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Stuck at CDG for 6 Hours!! Any Secret Places to Stay?

Thank you for your responses - I have added your comments to my notes.

Reply to: Stuck at CDG for 6 Hours!! Any Secret Places to Stay?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted