We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-paid SIM cards in Manchester - Best place to buy?

Kirksville, Missouri
Level Contributor
17 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-paid SIM cards in Manchester - Best place to buy?

Hi all,

I will be traveling to Manchester this November for a week. This is my second trip over and last time I spent WAY too much pre-buying international data from AT&T, so this year I want to go the pre-paid SIM route. All I need is data really as I use Skype to call home, and I just want the ability to look up Google Maps and the such when I'm out and about.

So, my questions are:

1. Which carrier would you recommend for the most data for my buck/pound?

2. Where is the best place to go to get one? I already plan on going to Arndale the first day, or there is a Selfridges near my hotel I can easily walk to. (Also not opposed to ordering one before I leave as I have a few months.)

Any and all advice welcome!

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,110 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-paid SIM cards in Manchester - Best place to buy?

It's impossible to recommend a particular carrier/package as there are hundreds of combinations and they change all the time.

Somewhere like Carphone Warehouse or Phones4U carry all the major networks and will advise on a package to suit your requirements.

Kirksville, Missouri
Level Contributor
17 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-paid SIM cards in Manchester - Best place to buy?

Thank you. If I remember correctly there is a Carphone Warehouse in the Arndale mall, so I'll hit them up.

Manchester
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-paid SIM cards in Manchester - Best place to buy?

Way too many places to choose from,just be careful as all sales people in phone shops are comission based so will sell you what suits them.

Just ask for a pay as you go sim and explain you may want to use it for international calls. Also the network 3 do a sim only plan on a monthly contract with minutes,text and internet bundle for about £15. Just sign up for one month.

4. Re: Pre-paid SIM cards in Manchester - Best place to buy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 11:46