We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East Didsbury Train Station

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
581 posts
9 reviews
10 helpful votes
East Didsbury Train Station
Save

Hello

I am looking for some pointers re East Didsbury train station so as to make my journey run as smoothly as possible.

I will first be getting the tram to East Didsbury tram stop and will then need to walk from the tram stop to East Didsbury train station (5 min walk I think) and will then be heading in the Crewe direction.

A few questions I have is that as I know which day I’m travelling (a Saturday) I think it’s best to book an off peak anytime day return (I will be making the same journey in the opposite direction later on in the day) via the tramline website.

Does anybody know if this train journey leaves from a particular platform at East Didsbury or nearer the time where is best to check?

In terms of any facilities at East Didsbury I am working on the assumption there is nothing much there in terms of toilets etc.

I know I’m being overly cautious but just wanted to plan ahead in case I happened to be running late for the train etc.

Thank you for any help and advice.

3 replies to this topic
North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire, London
Level Contributor
23,517 posts
633 reviews
266 helpful votes
1. Re: East Didsbury Train Station
Save

Except for Sunday there is a ticket office open each morning at the station https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/edy/details.html (no toilets)

"Off peak" is one type of ticket and "Anytime" is another. Off peak are cheaper and available all weekend

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
346 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: East Didsbury Train Station
Save

Use the National Rail website to see train times and it will tell you which platforms the trains depart from. (Can change, of course, so check nearer your departure time and at the station when you arrive.)

Also use National Rail website to book your tickets - it will link you to the train operator(s) and you can see which ticket types will best suit you.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
28,491 posts
73 reviews
124 helpful votes
3. Re: East Didsbury Train Station
Save

There are only 2 platforms at East Didsbury .

Your train will depart from platform 2.

Reply to: East Didsbury Train Station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Manchester
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.