We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central hotel

glasgow
Level Contributor
484 posts
53 reviews
110 helpful votes
Central hotel
Save

My hubby and I are planning to come to Manchester (by train) for a couple of nights in September. We are looking for a nice clean, central hotel - nothing too fancy or expensive as we plan to be out a lot. We would welcome any good recommendations - seen a deal for the Mercure but the reviews are not very positive at all.

24 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
17,011 posts
68 reviews
27 helpful votes
1. Re: Central hotel
Save

Premier Inn are always a solid bet.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
28,491 posts
73 reviews
124 helpful votes
2. Re: Central hotel
Save

I'd have a look on a site such as booking.com and see what's available for when you want to visit.

I was looking for hotels in Manchester at the end of October and the prices are astronomical due to various factors.

There's another thread from someone wanting to visit Manchester in September and they have also found the hotels very expensive when they want to visit. I think that was to do with a cricket match and football match taking place on the same day.

glasgow
Level Contributor
484 posts
53 reviews
110 helpful votes
3. Re: Central hotel
Save

Thank you I have stayed in many Prem inns and always find them great so will look at that as an option

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1,298 reviews
1,610 helpful votes
4. Re: Central hotel
Save

Loads of travelosges, in various parts of the city centre. Many with restaurants.

glasgow
Level Contributor
484 posts
53 reviews
110 helpful votes
5. Re: Central hotel
Save

Thanks havent stayed in a TL but have heard many are good

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1,298 reviews
1,610 helpful votes
6. Re: Central hotel
Save

As a family we have stayed in loads across the UK in various locations. They fall into several parts. City centre ones often have a restaurant where you can also purchase breakfast. Older style ones off of a roads and motorways. Which are generally cheaper but do not have a restaurant. All of them have a good bed, decent facilities and lovely staff. We have rarely had problems with them. We are on their mailing list and often get emailed special deals. Significantly cheaper than Premier inns. I recommend them.

glasgow
Level Contributor
484 posts
53 reviews
110 helpful votes
7. Re: Central hotel
Save

Thank you so much i ll take a look

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
594 posts
210 reviews
81 helpful votes
8. Re: Central hotel
Save

Ptricewise, a great deal will depend on the date you're coming here. If United are at home expect prices to go up a lot and availability down. If it's City, not quite as much. I hope that your dates don't clash with the football and cricket mentioned above.

Edited: 25 August 2021, 14:10
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
17,011 posts
68 reviews
27 helpful votes
9. Re: Central hotel
Save

Given the choice of Premier Inn or Travelodge I'd go with Premier Inn every time. I've had a couple of bad experiences with TL (one that I would have checked out of if there had been any availability elsewhere) but stayed in countless PIs and never had a bad one!

glasgow
Level Contributor
484 posts
53 reviews
110 helpful votes
10. Re: Central hotel
Save

looking at 21st sept?

Reply to: Central hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Manchester
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.