We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting in Manchester - Do I go through passport control?

Level Contributor
26 posts
59 reviews
Connecting in Manchester - Do I go through passport control?

I will be flying Singapore Air from Houston to Manchester, and then connecting to EasyJet from Manchester to Marrakech. I have plenty of connection time - I arrive in Manchester around 9:30 am and departure is around 3:30 pm. I am just trying to figure out how to make the layover as pleasant as possible. So if I don’t have any checked luggage, do I have to go through passport control or just through security? If I do have checked luggage, is there any way to go to the lounges before I can check the luggage with EasyJet (I think it’s 2 hour prior to flight time)? Thanks for any advice!

1 reply
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
331 reviews
1. Re: Connecting in Manchester - Do I go through passport control?

You will have to clear immigration when you arrive. If you have no luggage you can walk through customs after. You might need to change terminals etc. Which are in walking distance. You will then have to check luggage (assuming you have luggage). You will then have to go through security at whichever terminal you are flying from. Lounges are airside, so after bag check and security.

Reply to: Connecting in Manchester - Do I go through passport control?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted