We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester airport terminal 3 arrivals and departures

Province of...
3 posts
Manchester airport terminal 3 arrivals and departures

Arriving at Manchester terminal 3 in June about 22.00hrs. My daughter will be picking me up but not sure where to arrange to meet her as I have read an artical that arrivals will be at a carpark due to changes of access to the airport site. Where would I get the shuttle bus to take me to the new desinated park area? Is it free? Will it be well sign posted so that my daughter will find it? I understand this will start in June

13 replies to this topic
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
5,398 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Manchester airport terminal 3 arrivals and departures

The car park for arrivals is 9n the ground floor of the multi-storey vCard Park, immediately opposite where you come out of the terminal. Your daughte4 can park in there and walk into the terminal to meet you, so no need for a shuttle. It’s not free though and it’s best if your daughter can stay there less than 30 minutes. So it’s best for her to keep an eye on the flight and only go in the car park when she knows you have landed.

Province of...
3 posts
2. Re: Manchester airport terminal 3 arrivals and departures

That's great thank you. I thought the airport was trying to route traffic off site due to conjestion. I feel a lot easier now. Thank you for your help.

Rossendale
Level Contributor
2 posts
153 reviews
3. Re: Manchester airport terminal 3 arrivals and departures

I will be travelling from terminal 3 next month and returning in November.

Reports so far have been varied as to the rules and regs of dropping off and collecting

I am a blue badge holder with walking difficulties but not wheelchair bound.

Any info in this will be appreciated

Thank you

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Manchester airport terminal 3 arrivals and departures

According to the airport website blue badge holders may enter the drop off area free of charge but the travelling passwnger must show the blue badge to the traffic marshalls

Edited: 10 September 2018, 00:12
Rossendale
Level Contributor
2 posts
153 reviews
5. Re: Manchester airport terminal 3 arrivals and departures

Thank you for that info

Does anyone have any info on the way it is treated on arrival too .

Thank you

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Manchester airport terminal 3 arrivals and departures

It’s on the airport website.

Province of...
3 posts
7. Re: Manchester airport terminal 3 arrivals and departures

Thank you. Very useful information for future reference.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
943 posts
98 reviews
8. Re: Manchester airport terminal 3 arrivals and departures

I have seen a few people picking up or dropping off at unauthorised p!aces. Seems ok if it's pre-arranged and you're very quick about it, but there are new "traffic marshalls" on duty and there are regular patrols by airport police to prevent people stopping on double yellow lines.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
9. Re: Manchester airport terminal 3 arrivals and departures

I normally refuse to do airport runs but ended up picking daughter up from

T3 on Tuesday night.

Quite a few cars parked on the pavement outside the airport pub (it was near closing time so no one could get in the car park even if they paid to park .

The police just pulled up flashed the blues and twos and the 7 cars or so drove guiltily down the road and went round the roundabout and most likely parked back outside the pub until the next drive round of the police.

Lots of people were getting picked up on the road very quickly by their lifts. I ended up driving up and down ring way rd , aviator way and turned round at the building that had cussons on it about 8 times . Typically Fly be were late, passport control was rammed .

Whereas when I go on hols I'll just get a taxi there and back far easier , less hassle.

Hubby does have a blue badge so will ask metro taxis when we book with them for November should we bring it with us and save the £3 drop off fee if it actually works if a blue badge holder gets a taxi drop off.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll...
Level Contributor
1 post
59 reviews
10. Re: Manchester airport terminal 3 arrivals and departures

Hi

I am picking my sister up at terminal three on Tuesday can anyone tell me if there is a pick up zone or do I have to park in car park?

Thanks

Jill

Reply to: Manchester airport terminal 3 arrivals and departures
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted