We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

60 th birthday

durham england
Level Contributor
41 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
60 th birthday

Can anyone recomend doncaster for party of 10 ladies ages 23 - 60 which hotel? Pubs? food?

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 60 th birthday

Really depends what you're looking for! Mount Pleasant is about 6 miles out of Doncaster but lovely rooms, reasonable bar meals and restaurant and a spa if you fancy treatments. There is a Premier Inn right in the centre of town if you want to be in the middle of the pub/club/restaurant area.

durham england
Level Contributor
41 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 60 th birthday

thanks will check them out

Doncaster, England
Level Contributor
97 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 60 th birthday

Hi there not sure if you still need the info, I can recommend that you head to Bawtry for a night out as its more likely to please everyone in your group. Bawtry is located a 25 minute bus trip/20 minute taxi trip out of Doncaster and is basically a more 'high end' night out. The main street consists of a large array of eateries and pubs/wine bars with some rather leftfield options on the side streets and there is an overall classiness that you don't get in Doncaster these days.

For food I'd suggest Zinniz (Italian) which is always popular. The attached bar gets very busy afterwards and I'd reccommend booking for either. There is Dower House Indian, the legendary China Rose Chinese restaurant at the end of the village, Emillios in the courtyard and Caviars on Swan Street to name but a few eateries. For drinks, Cocos is situated in a basement cavern in the centre of Bawtry high street and is the only 'lively' bar in Bawtry, where you find a DJ spinning the latest tracks and a large selection of drinks available. The Townhouse wine bar is my personal favourite-a cosy little house consising of many rooms with boudoir style decor-reminds me a lot of bohemian Prague or Montmatre in Paris. For a bit of a boogie the Pennyfarthing hotel next door usually has a disco till late at weekends. There's also plenty of olde worlde style traditional pubs dotted about should you require a quiet drink and a sit down.

For hotels, the Crown Hotel in the centre of Bawtry is an old coaching house but with contemporary decor and a nice lively bar. I have stayed here many times myself and although the bar is good, the rooms are pricey for the sake of an LCD tv and some fancy wallpaper. I'd suggest a cheap n' cheerful room at the Pennyfarthing (I believe it was £70 for a triple room last time I stayed) or stay a little out of Bawtry in neighbouring Austerfield at the Mayflower-a cosy little boutique hotel atop a gastropub. You're looking at a 25 minute walk from Bawtry though.

The only places I'd reccommend in Doncaster centre are Relish or Zest for food and Central Park, Manana-Manana in Lazarus Court, Mizoula on Hallgate and Cask Corner/Dive Bar just around the corner. If you like loud music and don't mind a bit of rough n' tumble (there's always a fight breaking out somewhere) you may want to risk the livlier bars on Silver Street. The best ones are Che Bar which is Cuban themed and plays chart music till late/early and Aruba. Tryst plays R n' B on two floors till late/early and is always packed after 11pm.

Have fun!

durham england
Level Contributor
41 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 60 th birthday

Thanks any way but we have booked liverpool may go to your suggestions another time sounds good

5. Re: 60 th birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 16:11
Get answers to your questions about Doncaster
More Doncaster Topics