We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help labeling pictures from the Waterford factory tour

sandy, utah
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
9 reviews
Need help labeling pictures from the Waterford factory tour

I'm trying to label some pictures taken on the Waterford factory tour. I don't know how to upload the pictures in question but am hoping someone can help me. What is the large metal box, possibly found in the Cutting Department used for that has a glass window you can see through that's spraying pieces of Waterford Crystal with what looks like water? Is it an autocutting machine like one sign says and does that mean the pieces aren't cut by hand? I thought all were hand blown and shaped before being cut or sculpted based on information from the website that said 40,000 pieces of crystal are made by hand every year.

In another picture taken right after the above one there's a blue cabinet with a bunch of slots for what looks like round disks and labels saying things like olive, middle, decanter, and stem. What are these used for?

Also, what is Waterford Crystal made of and is it simply melted down in some big pot before being poured into molds and then blown into the desired shape?

Thanks for your help.

2 replies to this topic
NJ
Level Contributor
353 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Need help labeling pictures from the Waterford factory tour

I took the tour as well, and I can "see" what you are describing, but, unfortunately, I cannot help answer your questions.

Have you tried contacting Waterford Crystal directly? They could probably best answer your queries:

https:/…about-contact-us

sandy, utah
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Need help labeling pictures from the Waterford factory tour

I tried contacting them weeks ago but got no response.

Reply to: Need help labeling pictures from the Waterford factory tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted