We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat dinner in Killarney

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat dinner in Killarney

Hi, advise sought,

I am taking my partner to Killarney for her birthday at the start of Feb and was looking to pick some place with good food for her bday dinner. having reviewed Ta, websites and other bits and pieces I have narrowed my decision to Chapter 40 and West End House.

Can anyone please advise which one they would suggest of these two?

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,483 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat dinner in Killarney

I cannot comment on West End House, but I can heartily recommend Chapter 40. It is superb

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat dinner in Killarney

Bump.... West End House has changed ownership in the last month or so, has anyone eaten there since?

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat dinner in Killarney

Another vote for Chapter 40. Had dinner there last June and it was very very good.

Gosh, West End House changed ownership again? We had it bookmarked to visit on our visit. . They had a "Special" limited Sunday menu then, and to be honest it didnt appeal to us when we saw what was on offer on our particular Sunday. I recall one of the ladies in the Tourist Office telling us that it had recently changed ownership then too

Doesnt really augur well if it changes ownership so frequently, can't imagine that would be any consistency/continuity. Could be bad, could be not so good.

I know that I sure would be very happy to be taken to Chapter 40 for my birthday!

Here's a link to a review of Ch. 40 that I did at the time tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserReviews-g186612-d1087…

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat dinner in Killarney

don't know what I was saying

Should read

"...... could be bad, could be good."

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat dinner in Killarney

Thanks for that

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,546 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat dinner in Killarney

I don't care what the other place is like, - if it's a special occasion (and let's face it - every girls birthday is a special occasion) I heartily suggest Chapter 40.

Had a wonderful dinner there last year. It is excellent.

7. Re: Where to eat dinner in Killarney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2013, 14:55
Get answers to your questions about Killarney