We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

killarney, aah...

mumbai, india
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
killarney, aah...

what is more rewarding than experiencing the: climate, green fields, landscapes, scenic wonders, quaint cottages, cleanliness, serenity ...of killarney ?

all the wonderful people of this killarney town - very friendly, very polite, very accommodating, very helpful,... makes you feel satisfied in taking the right decision in choosing that place for your getaway.

11. Re: killarney, aah...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 October 2009, 03:33
Kerry
Level Contributor
621 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: killarney, aah...

Did you go on any day tours ??

..I thought you were going on a Ring of Kerry tour....?

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,327 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: killarney, aah...

pvrvuv, there's nothing wrong with 'doing nothing joy'. Although it would have been a shame to miss out on all of that wonderful scenery around Killarney/Kenmare who's to say that you HAVE to see it all? By just sitting, relaxing and watching the world and his wife go by you probably had the most refreshing holiday. No rush, no stress. And although Killarney is not a personal favourite of mine it might as well be Killarney in which to have the joy of doing nothing. Good on you!

mumbai, india
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: killarney, aah...

oops, i genuinely forgot, i did take the ring of kerry tour. but, as an afterthought i would have preferred my 1st day routine. (albeit nothing to take away from the scenic splendour)

and, one more, sheenfalls took us for a drive in a 'rolls royce silver spirit' for about 20 minutes. but i enjoyed my stroll through the woods of kenmare

more.

and true to my word, other than that we accomplished a lot by doing nothing. yeah ! sounds paradoxical or is it ironical.

my cell phone also rang only twice during the entire trip. i had mistakenly given the wrong sim card no. to most of my acquaintance in bombay. a mistake i do not rue.

guys, i had planned & sweated for 2 months to have a 'do nothing' holiday. it was worth every minute.

let me repeat, true wealth of killarney/kenmare - the local.s.

p.s. hope i am not boring you guys out there

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: killarney, aah...

Killarney is beautiful! I wish I was there right now!

mumbai, india
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: killarney, aah...

there's more...

soaked in the bath tub, lazed around the fire place, sat near the waterfall & the running brook at sheen falls & listened to the gushing sound, pulled out the tv plug, did not open newspapers,counted euros left each night (we spent not more than 20 euros everyday on icecream,candy,mineral water)...

(had carried with us ready to cook meals from india, which we microwaved)

[hotel, transfer, ring of kerry, hoho was paid for before we left bombay]

at the end of 7 days, threw a tantrum at my wife not wanting to leave.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: killarney, aah...

I don't think you should say too much about the ready cook meals, pvrvuv, I don't think customs would have been too thrilled if they had found them.

mumbai, india
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: killarney, aah...

in fact, i had sent a mail to dublin airport requesting their permission.

they did send me.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: killarney, aah...

sounds lovely for you and a long way away from the hustle and bustle of India.

I do hope you went down to see the deer in the grounds of the Lake Hotel .

Kerry
Level Contributor
621 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: killarney, aah...

pvrvuv

As you 'did nothing' and enjoyed it.....no crime committed...

What was the difference between holidaying in Ireland and India ??

What did you find different re cultures etc ??....

You can do 'nothing' anywhere ...switch off your mobile phone etc...

Why would you travel all the way to Ireland to do the same ??