We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Listowel

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
16 reviews
18 helpful votes
Listowel
Save

Hi

Considering some time at the racing festival in 2022

Just wondering if anyone had any tips or hints?

Should we stay in Listowel?

3 guys in our sixties who enjoy the craic and racing around Ireland

Cheers

6 replies to this topic
Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
33,724 posts
102 reviews
135 helpful votes
1. Re: Listowel
Save

Listowel has a wonderful vibe during the racing festival. And if you get the opportunity to go, then I think you will enjoy it.

The Listowel Arms is in the centre of Listowel overlooking the racecourse - but is about 10 minutes walk from the racecourse. I love the Listowel Arms and if you can get accommodation there, then book it sooner rather than later. The food is lovely, the hotel has bags of character and it will be at the centre of what is going on.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
4,406 posts
82 reviews
61 helpful votes
2. Re: Listowel
Save

Listowel during the races is a great place to be. The Arms is a lovely hotel. The North County House is an excellent B&B and caters to the racing crowd. Christy's pub in the Square is usually hopping. John B's is probably one of the best known pubs in Ireland and is hard to beat for atmosphere. There are lots of quality places to eat. If you are having difficulty finding a place in town, Ballybunion is only a few miles away and caters for the race visitors.

3. Re: Listowel

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: yesterday, 23:26

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
42,332 posts
4. Re: Listowel
Save

To really enjoy the racing festival I'd want to stay at the Listowel Arms Hotel.

Failing that I'd stay in Killarney and travel over.

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
16 reviews
18 helpful votes
5. Re: Listowel
Save

Thank you very much for your input

I'm not getting emails to notify me of responses, hence my tardy thank you

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,657 posts
29 reviews
88 helpful votes
6. Re: Listowel
Save

ive never been but there are buses that go from the pubs here to listowel races and they always stay in Ballybunion. Apparently it offers the best pubs and value accomodation

Reply to: Listowel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about County Kerry
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.