We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the best car hire company to use in dublin airport

London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Which is the best car hire company to use in dublin airport

I just booked a car with county car rentals but when I contacted them about what extra charges there they said they charge 1100 deposit which if thats true then that is crazy I could by a car and tax and insure it for that. So anyone know what the story is or what is the best car hire to go with I have never rented before and im only doin so to surprise my parents for the may bank holiday so need advice asap also I dont have a credit card so if any will take debit please let me know

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,760 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is the best car hire company to use in dublin airport

Up to you. They're all here.

Might be an age thing though.

www.arguscarhire.ie

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,037 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is the best car hire company to use in dublin airport

Are you and your parents going to spend a/the weekend in Dublin or do you plan on traveling elsewhere?

If you are only going to be in Dublin, especially if your visit is a short one, don't even think about renting a car. You can easily get around on foot and by public transport.

Rostov-on-Don...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is the best car hire company to use in dublin airport

It's a pity, but to my experience none of the car hire companies accepts debit cards. Though some of them doesnt charge a deposit in case you've bought additional liability insurance (Avis for example, but there's not such information on the official site, so better contact them)

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is the best car hire company to use in dublin airport

Uasal Im from Ireland my parents live in Roscommon, I moved to the UK for work I am planning on renting a car to get home and surprise them. My problem is my flight doesnt arrive in dublin until 21:35 and I live in the middle of nowhere so public transport home is crap.

Wakarusa, KS, USA
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is the best car hire company to use in dublin airport

Check out easytourireland.com/ for car hire in Ireland. It looks like they cover everything, using Hertz.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,037 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is the best car hire company to use in dublin airport

@25Fallenangel, hello!

Now I understand. Somehow I read it as you renting the car for your parents, as a surprise... Not the same way we all go.

I hope it all works out and you get to spend a lovely weekend with your parents in Co Roscommon.

Keep an eye out for good value flights to Knock for future visits.

7. Re: Which is the best car hire company to use in dublin airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 00:11