We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin for a day

Kitchener
Level Contributor
92 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin for a day

I'm not sure where my cruise ship will dock? How far away I'll be city cente? Are there buses or metro that run frequently?

Any help would be great

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin for a day

If you don't know where you dock, we can't tell you how far away you'll be.

There are a limited number of cruise ship docks though. Maybe check your details and the search function and come back if you have more specific queries.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin for a day

Have been to Dublin twice on cruise ships, it would be very unusual for them not to lay on shuttle buses into the city, usually Kildare Street, they dont advertise this in advance as they will try to tell you that their overpriced tours are the only way to get about. I think they have to provide buses as they are not supposed to just let passengers wander around the docks.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin for a day

Cruisecritic.com might be a more appropriate forum to get your question answered, as I am sure that there will be many posters, who have been on cruises to Dublin, who will be able to advise you better, Just click on the 'Boards' tab

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,812 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin for a day

Also have a look at the top questions on Dublin on the right hand side of this page. Theres one about being in Dublin for a Day on a Cruise that might help you.

Kitchener
Level Contributor
92 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin for a day

Yeah I knew i was going to ask a far fetched question but thought I'd try. I'll need to call the cruise line and ask them where they'll dock which is what i needed to do in the first place.

Thanks for all the help though.

Plus I'll try cruise critics.

Edited: 09 March 2012, 05:50
6. Re: Dublin for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 March 2012, 00:05
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dublin for a day

This link to Dublin on CruiseCritc might be helpful - www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm… I think it will answer your questions

Dublin port/docks is a relatively small area, and I imagine large cruise ships will only have one area for docking, and in terms of distance/time from the city centre, it will make little difference where it will dock in Dublin port.

Kitchener
Level Contributor
92 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dublin for a day

I'm not sure what I did wrong?

why was my post removed?

what was it that I asked or said?

please reply.

Thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dublin for a day

Are you sure it was your post? Yours is right above it... I seem to recall a spammy type message... maybe I'm wrong?

Kitchener
Level Contributor
92 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dublin for a day

Yes I'm sure it was my post that trip advisor said it's innappropriate........ their message is under the "Dublin for a day" title I created. So I'm a bit confused??

So now I know where my ship will dock. It's called "Ocean Pier". How far is that away from Dublin city centre by bus? Or metro? Or train? I'm trying to google and can't find out. Can someone help me please.

Thanks.