We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From/To airport.

Falmouth, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
From/To airport.

Hi everyone. I'm heading over for the weekend. Just wondering if anyone has any advice about the bus/train from the airport. I need to get to Leixlip. I've checked it out and it seems the 16A into the city followed by the 66/66b to Leixlip is the best way. Unless anyone knows an easier or faster route. Cheers.

Dublin
Level Contributor
59 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From/To airport.

Rent a car, works out about 12 euro a day

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,605 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From/To airport.

The option you have above is pretty good, the only other option I can think of is to get the 16a to Drumcondra and cross the road to the train station and get a train from there. Will be slightly quicker but probably slightly more expensive.

irishrail.ie/your_journey/…2011.pdf

If you can make it to the Clarion Hotel at Liffey Valley there is a shuttle bus from there http://www.flybus.ie/timetables-page.html

Falmouth, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From/To airport.

Cheers guys. Will leave the rental car as I fancy having a pint when I get in the city. The train might be a good idea too, have they still got the road works on the South bank of the river? Last time I was over in November it took the bus ages to get along because it was down to one lane, if its still the same I'll probably get the train.

4. Re: From/To airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2013, 15:57