We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monasterboice or Hill of Tara

Michigan
14 posts
Monasterboice or Hill of Tara

Hello,

I'm considering two Newgrange tours. One also includes Monasterboice (Grayline) and the other the Hill of Tara (Gibbons). Any thoughts on which would be better?

Libertyville...
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Monasterboice or Hill of Tara

I'd go with Monasterboice - it has a round tower, and several fine high crosses.

Tara is scenic and atmospheric, but not actually much to see.

Aurora, Illinois
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Santa Fe, Albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,669 posts
159 reviews
2. Re: Monasterboice or Hill of Tara

I'd have to agree with trintraveler.

Muirdach's Cross at Monasterboice may be the finest high cross in all of Ireland AND the other significant high cross at Monasterboice is the tallest.

The views from Tara are lovely and scenic BUT not much more than that (the stone of destiny is interesting, though).

Keith

Michigan
14 posts
3. Re: Monasterboice or Hill of Tara

Thanks for the feedback!

Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
556 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Monasterboice or Hill of Tara

No contest...Monasterboice every time

5. Re: Monasterboice or Hill of Tara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 03:48