We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UEFA Europa League Final

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
UEFA Europa League Final

Hi all iam heading down to Dublin from N.ireland and just wanted to ask a few questions.

I have booked a hotel in Parnell street, i was wondering if there was buses or trams that would take me to the Aviva stadium and back after the match. And is there any pubs in around that area of Dublin. Also i will arrive early on the Wednesday morning and would like to take in some of the city sights before i head to the game any suggestions (things in the city centre). Lastly does anybody know were the fan zones will be held before the game.

Thanks very much for the advice.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Aviva Stadium
Aviva Stadium
1,013 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UEFA Europa League Final

Your transport options are Dublin Bus #5 from O'Connell St (5minutes from Parnell St) which will leave you very close to the stadium or any southbound Dart from Connolly Station (15 minutes from Parnell St) which will leave you directly outside the stadium. After the match there is a lot of congestion with supporters trying to get away from the stadium so a lot of people choose to walk back into town, it takes about 25 minutes.

Regarding fan zones, I haven't heard anything yet, I suppose when we know who is in the final we'll have a better idea. Not holding out much hope for a lot of supporters, with Liverpool, Man C and Rangers out the chances of large contingent of travellers is slim.

Edited: 01 April 2011, 14:45
Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UEFA Europa League Final

Your transport options are Dublin Bus #5 from O'Connell St (5minutes from Parnell St) which will leave you very close to the stadium or any southbound Dart from Connolly Station (15 minutes from Parnell St) which will leave you directly outside the stadium. After the match there is a lot of congestion with supporters trying to get away from the stadium so a lot of people choose to walk back into town, it takes about 25 minutes.

Regarding fan zones, I haven't heard anything yet, I suppose when we know who is in the final we'll have a better idea. Not holding out much hope for a lot of supporters, with Liverpool, Man C and Rangers out the chances of large contingent of travellers is slim.

Edited: 01 April 2011, 14:45
Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
N.Ireland
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: UEFA Europa League Final

Thanks very much for the info.

It should be a good day out no matter who is playing.

Again cheers.

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: UEFA Europa League Final

Bus routes 4 and 7 from O'Connell Street will also bring you close to the stadium.

If you're in the south city centre area after your sightseeing, you could stroll down Baggot St. towards the stadium. It's a good 20 mins walk non-stop but there are plenty of watering holes worth visiting along the way.

Mentioned in this post
O'Connell Street
O'Connell Street
1,522 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
N.Ireland
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: UEFA Europa League Final

Cheers for that scampibear. I might just take a walk to the ground if its a good night and take in a few drinks.

dublin
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: UEFA Europa League Final

Most Irish I have talked to are planning on hitting the city centre prior to the game. I expect the place most fans are likely to congregate before and after the game, is temple bar in the city centre, 2 mins from O connell bridge, and 5 mins from parnell st.

Around the ground, there are many bars, on the east/south side, you would be looking at ringsend/bath avenuewhere the main pubs will probably be Murrays, Clarks, the Oarsman or beggers bush, Slattereys in Bath avenue. Expect it to be near impossible to get a drink, a bag of cans might be better fefore the game. Of these pubs, slattereys is probably the best venue and best location. This is the side you will be approaching if coming fro the city by taxi or bus.

If you are coming on ther train, you will get oiff at landsdown road on the north side of the stadium.. the nearest pubs here are probably hotel bars, namely the mount herbert hotel or the landsdown hotel, pubs cliose are paddy cullens. another set of pubs are on baggot streeyt, a 15 minute walk from the stadium.

places of interest would be Trinity College and the book of kells, the GPO in dublin city centre.

there is no fan zones as far as i know.

Edited: 07 May 2011, 17:48
Mentioned in this post
Trinity College Dublin
Trinity College Dublin
9,839 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
7. Re: UEFA Europa League Final

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 00:48