We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-clearance for americans

San Jose, California
10 posts
Pre-clearance for americans

I will be flying from Dublin to San Francisco on WOW air, connecting in Iceland. I read that they have americans custom officers at dublin doing the pre-clearance,

Do americans have to go through pre-clearance in Dublin with the american customs.with fingerprinting and passport check or do they go through immigration/customs once they arrive in San francisco. When i have come back from other countries, I go through the kiosk, scan passport and take pictures once I arrive in the united states.

I just want to make enough time so I don't miss my plane since I hear the lines can be long.

Thanks!!

Best Seller
Cliffs of Moher Tour Including Wild...
1,257 Reviews
from US$ 53.00*
Best Seller
Northern Ireland Highlights Day Trip...
1,053 Reviews
from US$ 76.60*
Best Seller
Book of Kells Early Access Tour with...
255 Reviews
from US$ 57.70*
Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,817 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Pre-clearance for americans

Pre-clearance is only on flights going direct to the US. So no, you will not be going through pre-clearance in Dublin since you are flying to Iceland, you will go through it at your first airport in the US.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
31,911 posts
2. Re: Pre-clearance for americans

I'd be at the airport before nine just the same.

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Pre-clearance for americans

This is news to me. Glad I have been checking the forum lately. I'll be in Ireland end of Oct and coming back directly to the States beginning Nov. I must say I'm not too happy about it as I will have to get to the airport even earlier than 2 hours. Bummer! I hope that there will be a time change in Ireland the day before to set the clocks 1 hour back. Thanks for the info.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
13,979 posts
110 reviews
4. Re: Pre-clearance for americans

Anicka

Plan on getting to the airport at least 3 hours prior to your scheduled departure. You will be sad if you miss your flight.

Look on the bright side. You will land as a domestic passenger in the US. No long immigration line.

Just grab your bags and leave or proceed to your connecting flight.

Time change is Oct 29th at 0200 I believe.

Edited: 14 October 2017, 05:15
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4,419 posts
31 reviews
5. Re: Pre-clearance for americans

“This is news to me”

Hardly news since preclearance has been on all flights from DUB since 2011 and selected flights prior to 2011.

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
62 reviews
6. Re: Pre-clearance for americans

This is my first trip to Dublin. Therefore it's news to me.

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
62 reviews
7. Re: Pre-clearance for americans

Thank you for the info,Charliie. BTW I love NM and Santa Fe.

8. Re: Pre-clearance for americans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: yesterday, 09:47